“Good food, poor service”

Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bull & Bones is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area. We have a wood-fired grill, on-site smoker, an ice rail integrated into our granite bar, 20 HDTV's, and 7 championship pool tables!
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a recommendation from a family member who frequents every time she visits Blacksburg. The food was excellent... It only took about an hour for us to receive it. Somehow the kitchen "lost our ticket" and our food was never made. Not sure where to pinpoint blame - the restaurant was busy, but not overcrowded. I would definitely give it another try.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Based on our experience I cannot understand how this restaurant had a wait on a Thursday night, unless it is that there are simply no other options in Blacksburg. Service was inattentive and indifferent and the servers were clearly not trained. There was no evidence of adult supervision (i.e. management) present. The best thing about the food was the complimentary rolls. It went downhill quickly from there. The ribs were tough and overcooked and what little smoky flavor they had was overshadowed by the sauce that was piled on. The burger was overcooked and had the consistency of a hockey puck. The brisket was also dry, overdone and flavorless.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

A fun atmosphere, good service, good food. Casual dining. Great for families and college kids. Good beer choices too!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great server! We were there on a Saturday and folks were streaming in at 5pm for dinner - don't know if that's common. I probably ordered the wrong thing, which was ribs - they were dry, and very disappointing. My companion ordered the pulled pork sandwich platter which was much better. The BBQ comes with 4 sauces on the side ranging from traditional to Carolina style, with varying degrees of sweetness and hotness. The microbrewery which is on site produces 6 beers along with a seasonal. Loud fun place - the bar area was taken over by a pool tournament the day we were there. There's additional parking in the back behind the restaurant and then you can enter through the bar.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

to be able to dismiss complaints from a customer.
The kid at our hotel front desk recommended this place (should have listened to my gut since the older gal at the desk had a look on her face that said SKIP IT), so we headed over.
The noise level was a 10 out of 10...they were interviewing a local coach on microphones.
The crab cakes were just so- so (like GFS frozen) crab cakes.
The filet (ordered medium) came walking rare. My husband sent it back...20 minutes later I was done with my meal and we had finished our wine and his veggies were cold and his steak comes back. No apologies, no new vegetable, no offer of another glass of wine to go with it.
I don't think the waiter even made eye contact.
I asked for the manager and he pretty much blew it off.

Like I said, business must be really good to be able to treat customers like this...