“average food does not meet the price tag”

Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bull & Bones is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area. We have a wood-fired grill, on-site smoker, an ice rail integrated into our granite bar, 20 HDTV's, and 7 championship pool tables!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food is OK but for sure it does not meet the price tag. For higher price than Texas Roadhouse and Outback Steak you only get mediocre steak. The pork series is better than beef series.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

It's disappointing that Bull and Bones is so consistently bad. There aren't many good restaurants in Blacksburg, and I keep hoping that Bull and Bones will fulfill the promise of it's decor and upscale appearance. After several visits, though, I finally had the experience that made me give up completely. I have made several visits to Bull and Bones and generally gotten mediocre food and beer - not cheaply. But I kept hoping they'd get it right, so we tried again a few weeks ago.

This was a mistake. The beer was okay, the food was awful. Our last visit came on a weeknight after a soccer practice, so it wasn't a peak dining night. My wife and I decided to get ribs - she got a rack, and I got a half rack and a small sirloin (the "bull and bones" option). Our kids got burgers.

When the food arrived, I was glad that I had ordered the sirloin as well, because the ribs were charcoal. My wife and I ended up splitting the six ounce sirloin, as it was the only edible thing in our two entrees. Still hungry, I did the "dad thing" and tried to finish off the half burger my son didn't finish. It was undercooked. Fortunately, he didn't get sick later.

We didn't make a fuss about the poor quality of the food because we weren't asked about it by our server, but they should have. Note to servers everywhere -- wen your diners have eaten only a couple of bites of their meals and refuse your offer to box up the leftovers, you should probably follow up.

Overall, a complete waste of a not inconsiderable amount of money. I would not recommend Bull and Bones to anyone.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place by far is one of my favorite restaurants in Blacksburg. The beer selection is wonderful, and the food is always great. Wing night on Thursday is always a great deal. Definitely a local favorite!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had a Tuna steak--badly overcooked.
Salad was with commercial dressings
Average American restaurant, like there are millions across the country

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm not really a beer drinker but i will say, great food, great service, good atmosphere, and clean!