“Tired service”

Ranked #17 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bull & Bones is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area. We have a wood-fired grill, on-site smoker, an ice rail integrated into our granite bar, 20 HDTV's, and 7 championship pool tables!
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I hope that Bull & Bones prospers. God knows, Blacksburg needs a successful restaurant and a brewhaus and grill is just the ticket. That said, the food at this restaurant is not exceptional, it is about as good as usual but not as good as it should be. Besides, the service is tired. Don't look for attention or dining hospitality and you should be fine.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been here several times. I can't say I would travel to taste this food. It's just one of the only sit down places in Blacksburg that can handle crowds.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food here is good, with a wide selection of soups, salads, sandwiches and entrees. We've eaten here on several trips to Blacksburg, and the food has always been good, though not superior. The service is always very good. This is not intimate dining, however. It's part of the high-ceilinged, no-noise absorption trend found in so many restaurants these days. Thus, it's not the place for a romantic dinner for two or a real conversation. You pretty much have to shout at each other, which is a major drawback, in my view, for an excellent dining experience. On the other hand, the food is some of the best in Blacksburg, and if you have a grop that just wants to eat and have a good time, this is a good choice.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

In my view, anyway, except we happened to dine there the night of a local radio call-in to talk to the Va Tech football & basketball coaches, which they broadcast over the PA system in the place. Could barely hear people across the table. Steak was fine, beer ok. Blacksburg has a dearth of "grown up" places to eat, this was fine for college town fare, I suppose.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love this place. Great steaks, ribs, starters--- really something for everyone. The beers are terrific. Try the sampler- or if you are a stout fan, jump straight to my fave- St. Maeve's. Full, fruity, stout flavor with chocolate undertones. Wow. B&B has your basic "no frills" interior, so it gets a bit noisy... but not enough to overcome the yumminess.