“Great food and brew--- but a little bit loud”

Bull & Bones Brewhaus & Grill
Ranked #13 of 135 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bull & Bones is a brewpub with both an upscale dining room and a separate sports bar with a casual dining area. We have a wood-fired grill, on-site smoker, an ice rail integrated into our granite bar, 20 HDTV's, and 7 championship pool tables!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love this place. Great steaks, ribs, starters--- really something for everyone. The beers are terrific. Try the sampler- or if you are a stout fan, jump straight to my fave- St. Maeve's. Full, fruity, stout flavor with chocolate undertones. Wow. B&B has your basic "no frills" interior, so it gets a bit noisy... but not enough to overcome the yumminess.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We got here early for dinner for us (6:00) and barely made it in without a wait. Seated quickly they took our drink orders and appetizer order. We scarfed it down and waited for our BBQ. With 3 or 4 different kinds of sauces you can't go wrong..mix and match even. One was too sweet for me so I added one w/ a vinegar base to round it out. Very good.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have tried to smoke my wings to taste like the wings they serve here. Have never come close. These wings are delicious. Sauce is yummy to. Definitely love coming to this restaurant when we come to Blacksburg.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

While visiting Blacksburg, we chose this place to eat based on reviews and its' location. We found it to be a great brew pub. The service was good and prompt, the beer was yummy and the food was good. I wouldn't say that the food is fabulous, but it was solidly good. I had a crabcake sandwich with a side of sweet potato casserole. The side was a bit cold and crabcake was a bit mushy but neither was horrible. I would go again and just try something else. Place was nicely packed when we were leaving.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Typical sports bar set up. When we both ordered a half rack of ribs, the waitress suggested we order a full rack and split it saving us $$. And the ribs were good.