“Overpriced”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food is OK, but overpriced for what you get. I've eaten there a few times lately and I am not impressed. The bottom of the bread was also black and it was dry. I think the soups and desserts are best, but there are definitely other better places around.

There are newer reviews for Our Daily Bread

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great pies, cookies, fruit danish, breads. Also sandwiches are very good. Service staff was friendly. Also salads looked great.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast (and then for lunch) on our last day visiting VA Tech.
Fascinating décor (lovely chandelliers: two made with goblets and one with wine bottles). The food displays make you feel hungry right away. The system for ordering food was a bit confusing at 1st (breakfast different from lunch) but still bearable. We LOVED the food!

Breakfast: Our family of 5 ordered a variety of items, and everything came out quickly and as we ordered it. Lovely homemade jam, and everything else was delicious.

Lunch: we came around 2 pm, since breakfast was very fulfilling and kept us going for a long time. We ordered a variety of items, and everything was scrumptious. We had some dessert, and even bought pastries to take home with us. They were soooo good!

Only so-so comment about the place: it was a warm July day, and the inside of the restaurant was warmer than outside. I do not know if they have AC, but the ceiling fans could not keep up. We had breakfast inside and it was ok, but at 2pm, we had lunch outside, and it was much more comfortable.

This was as close as it can get to French bistro, and we loved that we found it here. We'll be back!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

when i'm in blacksburg, i always go by here and get a bag of scones - sometimes eat a salad while i'm there.

I remember when this place was SMALL and downtown - it was along the way on my walk from home to campus. I'm still coming back for the scones, but currently their wait staff is not a bit friendly, impatient - act like they are doing you a big favor or something - get a grip on yourselves people!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This cafe is our favorite breakfast place in Blacksburg! Lots of choices from eggs, crepes, french toast, etc. Great spreads and bakery items. Had the Portuguese sweet bread and it was awesome! My daughter loves the nutella/banana crepes. Will definitely return!

Been to Our Daily Bread? Share your experiences!