“Excellent bakery” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Our Daily Bread

Our Daily Bread
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great pies, cookies, fruit danish, breads. Also sandwiches are very good. Service staff was friendly. Also salads looked great.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Germantown, Maryland
“Breakfast AND lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast (and then for lunch) on our last day visiting VA Tech.
Fascinating décor (lovely chandelliers: two made with goblets and one with wine bottles). The food displays make you feel hungry right away. The system for ordering food was a bit confusing at 1st (breakfast different from lunch) but still bearable. We LOVED the food!

Breakfast: Our family of 5 ordered a variety of items, and everything came out quickly and as we ordered it. Lovely homemade jam, and everything else was delicious.

Lunch: we came around 2 pm, since breakfast was very fulfilling and kept us going for a long time. We ordered a variety of items, and everything was scrumptious. We had some dessert, and even bought pastries to take home with us. They were soooo good!

Only so-so comment about the place: it was a warm July day, and the inside of the restaurant was warmer than outside. I do not know if they have AC, but the ceiling fans could not keep up. We had breakfast inside and it was ok, but at 2pm, we had lunch outside, and it was much more comfortable.

This was as close as it can get to French bistro, and we loved that we found it here. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Pounding Mill, Virginia
“been buying scones here since the 1980's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

when i'm in blacksburg, i always go by here and get a bag of scones - sometimes eat a salad while i'm there.

I remember when this place was SMALL and downtown - it was along the way on my walk from home to campus. I'm still coming back for the scones, but currently their wait staff is not a bit friendly, impatient - act like they are doing you a big favor or something - get a grip on yourselves people!!

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always a great breakfast/brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This cafe is our favorite breakfast place in Blacksburg! Lots of choices from eggs, crepes, french toast, etc. Great spreads and bakery items. Had the Portuguese sweet bread and it was awesome! My daughter loves the nutella/banana crepes. Will definitely return!

Visited July 2013
Blacksburg, VA
“Dinner service added after remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We tried out dinner at their Bistro (reservations taken but we didn't need to make them) and their food quality to be very very good. My wife had the duck which was superbly executed. I had the lamb (a dish I am consistently disappointed with in most restaurants- I love lamb but it dries out easily) and was very very happy with it. Deserts were also first rate; as always. Mine was a white cake with a currant mousse and passion fruit. My wife's was yellow cake with chocolate mousse.

The most notable event was the soup. I like chilled fruit soups and they offered a coconut and strawberry fruit soup which both of us ordered. I tried it and didn't like it; just was a recipe not to my taste (I didn't like the Cayenne pepper). I shrugged it off, as, when you try new things sometimes you just find something you don't like. So I set it aside. Our server spotted this, inquired if something was amiss. I explained. She left. The head waiter appeared immediately and inquired- again I shrugged and explained. He offered me another soup. As I love their Tomato Basil soup I ordered it and received it as a replacement. As always, it was excellent.
All you can say, about this sort of service, is that it is excellent (oh, at it was also quite rapid).

Also, their dinner menus are relatively small but change daily (which I think is great fun).

• Visited June 2013