“Definitely a gem in Blacksburg”
Review of Our Daily Bread

Our Daily Bread
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Definitely a gem in Blacksburg”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent food. Charming owners and staff. Every time I go there, there is something new and innovative for me to try. I recently had a delicious Lamb Burger. Something that I would have normally been hesitant to try, but given the great experiences I've always had at Our Daily Bread, I gave it a try. I was very happy with my choice. It is also worth noting that they regularly have theme dinners. Once a month I believe. It is a fantastic opportunity to try delicious meals from different areas of France.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Chicago
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I used to love this place, but not so much anymore. What passed for a cafe mocha tasted like what you might find in a gas station....at a much higher price. I have to wonder if the baked goods are even all made on site anymore.....not so sure. The newly designed interior was either not finished, or seriously flawed in that the cold salads in the cafeteria-like setting were sitting out without being covered, where anyone could sneeze on them. I could overlook most of this, because it used to be a great place, but the rudeness of both the cashier and the manager was over the top for me....not going back.

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank RoundThree
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Go early for the Saturday Brunch.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The place is usually packed for the live music saturday brunch, but it is well worth it. The food is delicious, the coffee is tasty, and don't forget to take a look at their bakery treats. They are a bit pricey for Blacksburg, but the taste and quality more than make up for it. It's the only place in town where I can get European-quality bread and desserts.

• Visited February 2013
Ancaster, Canada
“A more French version of Cheers”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a good local restaurant to catch up with people you know. The deserts in the bakery are delectable, as are the croissants. I find the breads a little doughy at times but the baguettes are crusty and delicious.

The cafe has a variety of good dishes and quiches, and the coffee is very good.

Choose wisely from the menu and the displayed selections and I don't think that you will be disappointed.

The only downside is the crowded seating. This place needs more of an ambience. Regardless, two thumbs up.

Visited November 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good food, crazy atmosphere”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Have been here a few times, usually for brunch on a weekend. The food is great and their options to choose from are plentiful. I really enjoy their soups, they always seem to be something creative and with unexpected flavor.

I would say that it always feels a bit hectic inside. There is not much seating, and if it gets busy it can get loud, especially with children running around. Luckily they have outdoor seating which tends to help calm things down a bit. Worth the trip, especially for some of their bakery items. They are outstanding!

• Visited October 2012