“Amazing breakfast!”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We go there for breakfast at least once each trip to Blacksburg. Food is excellent and service is friendly.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Best bakery items in Blacksburg, hands down. Imaginative lunch specials. Quality consistently high. Very clean.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews we were expecting better. Our food was cold, which doesn't make for very tasty eggs. The bacon was under cooked, and the potatoes lived up to their garlic name, but were quite greasy. The best thing we had was a multigrain pancake, which I ordered in place of toast. I wished I had just ordered the pancakes, though even that wasn't too warm. My husband's corned beef hash was more like a piece of sliced grilled corned beef on top of potatoes, topped with eggs - not really hash, but the flavor was good. It was just an average breakfast.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Love this place, and it is very reminiscent of a bakery and cafe I visited in the south of France in the quality, of it's in house bakery and excellent dishes, yet it is all American and a favorite of the local community. The serve delicious dishes for ever palate, and their coffees are tasty, as I also enjoy an occasion Latte and was delighted to enjoy it on their patio with bake goods I consider perfection. Daily Bread is a gem, a truly rewarding find, just about a block away walking distance from where I was staying at The Red Carpet Inn.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our Daily Bread is a combination of bakery/cafe/pastry shop/restaurant all rolled into one location. Ironically, it is located in an old, rather unattractive strip mall. They also distribute bread to markets and restaurants around the region, including selling their loaves at the Roanoke Natural Foods Co-Op. Nicole and I had stopped in once before just to see the inside of the restaurant and we sampled some slices of bread, but didn't end up ordering anything. This time, I planned ahead and was looking forward to finding something good for lunch.

Sadly, the main word I'd take away from my experience would be "disappointing." While trying to figure out what to order for lunch, the entire set up was rather confusing. I was unable to find a menu and couldn't figure out where I was supposed to place my order. I eventually made my way over to the cash register and ordered and then was told that my food would be right out. As I was waiting at the counter for my food, another staff person asked me if I needed anything and I mentioned that I hadn't received my food. She proceeded to get my sandwich for me but I still felt like this was a very unorganized process. Once I started eating, the disappointment continued. I ordered the special for the day - a sandwich with turkey, provolone, pesto, tomato, & peppers on sourdough bread, and the sandwich was good. It was toasted and a little oily from the pesto but had good flavor and crunch. However, it was served with a side of a sort of avocado fruit salad. The flavors in this side are something I would normally like, but it was served hot and I considered it to be inedible. Again, the continued theme of me sitting there thinking, "What are they doing?"

In all, I was hoping for a lot more from Our Daily Bread. For $8.00 for my sandwich and side, it isn't something I'd be interested in returning for again. And I hope I was just there on an off day for the service and flow of ordering because that seemed to be an unnecessary frustration. If nothing else, I might just stick with regarding Our Daily Bread as a cool local bakery and pass on the restaurant.

1  Thank FromBallparkstoBBQ