“A typical Blacksburg restaurant--average dining”

Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Food fit for a king, with an atmosphere and service to match!Our continuing legacy of family restaurants. Located in the beautiful First and Main shopping center. With exceptional food and superior service we welcome the opportunity to serve you.Our menu is no exception either. We offer the same traditional favorites that you have come to love. Our pizzas, calzones, and subs are a staple here in Blacksburg where you will also find newly added specials of fresh seafood, Mussels Luciano, and hand made raviolis. Our in-house chef can also accommodate even the pickiest eaters. We have something for everyone! Sal’s in Blacksburg is kid-friendly and our menu is loaded with kid’s favorites. We also offer our no-hassle catering service and a huge take-out menu. When it comes to dining Italian style we have it covered. Nothing compares to a Sal’s experience and we look forward to creating a special experience just for you!!
Colorado
“A typical Blacksburg restaurant--average dining”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Up front, I will admit that I don't go to restaurants just to go out. I want good food if I'm going out.

We ordered a vegetarian pizza. The crust was decent, but the vegetables seemed to have come from a can (the mushrooms obviously did and the red peppers were pretty soft). Domino's doesn't use canned mushrooms!

In addition, the wait staff was rather inattentive and we were hurried out by the manager/owner. It was a busy night, so they may have gotten a 10 minute earlier turnover on our table but between the food and service they lost our future business.

I generally enjoy local restaurants, but I'd choose the Olive Garden in Christiansburg over Sal's.

• Korean first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's hard not to fill up...”
Reviewed September 22, 2009

It's hard not to fill up on the bread.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Blacksburg, VA
“AWESOME”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Best pizza in the New River Valley! So far, everything I've tried on the menu is good. The owner and staff are very friendly.

1 Thank HispaSista
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Eh.”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Based on the recommendation of friends, I ate here with my husband, son, and daughter. They thought their entrees (Sausage and Peppers, Chicken Parmigiana, and Cheese Ravioli) were okay, but I was not impressed with my dish - Grilled Salmon Primavera. Overall, we did not find the food tasty enough to justify the cost or even a return visit to try the pizza, calzones, or different entrees.