“Very good Italian food.”

Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Food fit for a king, with an atmosphere and service to match!Our continuing legacy of family restaurants. Located in the beautiful First and Main shopping center. With exceptional food and superior service we welcome the opportunity to serve you.Our menu is no exception either. We offer the same traditional favorites that you have come to love. Our pizzas, calzones, and subs are a staple here in Blacksburg where you will also find newly added specials of fresh seafood, Mussels Luciano, and hand made raviolis. Our in-house chef can also accommodate even the pickiest eaters. We have something for everyone! Sal’s in Blacksburg is kid-friendly and our menu is loaded with kid’s favorites. We also offer our no-hassle catering service and a huge take-out menu. When it comes to dining Italian style we have it covered. Nothing compares to a Sal’s experience and we look forward to creating a special experience just for you!!
garnet valley,pa
“Very good Italian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a combo meal and a medium pizza for take out.It was delicious.We called a head and it was ready when we arrived.came with a salad and bread.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
“Quality dinner well prepared”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at Sales this week and enjoyed it. I had a Greek salad with salmon and it was very well prepared. The salmon was cooked perfectly which is hard to come by. The portion size was generous and the service was good. I would definitely return and recommend.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank esvajosh
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good food, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Sal's does have good food, but I haven't been there in at least three years. Bad experience with service. A friend and I went for lunch. I wanted something different. The special was mussels in wine sauce. I had not eaten mussels in quite some time, so I thought, Wow, a great treat. The service was great, up to a point. I was almost finished with the mussels, but found one of the mussels to be a little difficult to open to get the meat inside. I requested our server bring me a knife. Instead of the server giving ME the knife to open the mussel, he proceeds with one hand (the hand with the knife) to break open the mussel. Needless to say, I'm sure you can guess what happened. Instead of prying the mussel open, the mussel, shell and all, flew onto my top and down in my lap. The server apologized and offered to have my top cleaned. It wasn't an expensive top, but I was so infuriated and put out that there was someone so absolutely inept and stupid, who instead of giving ME the knife to open the mussel, tried it himself with one hand, and then this occurred, all I wanted to do at that point was leave. So my friend and I obtained our bills, paid, and I haven't been back since, and don't intend to EVER go back. Sal's food could be the best in the whole world, but I will NEVER go there again. BTW - the date shown on the visit is not correct, but I had to choose a date or this site would not accept my review.

• Visited April 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Best Pizza in Blacksburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Although Sals is a full service restaurant, I am most impressed by the fact that they have the best pizza in the area. It is well worth the 15 minute drive for me to go and pick up a pizza (they don't deliver). I am not a vegetarian, but I love the Popeye Pie, loaded with broccoli, spinach, etc.

Visited March 2013
North Carolina
“well worth your time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked a room at Sal's for a group dinner with 30 people. We pre-ordered our entrees so service would be faster. We walked in and the salads were ready. The drink orders were filled quickly by several people. The food came out promptly and was very good. WE all order different types of food, and all looked so good.The waiters were very polite and always helpful. It was a very pleasant experience considering we had so many to be taken care.

• Visited March 2013