“A great find, what took me so long?”

Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: Food fit for a king, with an atmosphere and service to match!Our continuing legacy of family restaurants. Located in the beautiful First and Main shopping center. With exceptional food and superior service we welcome the opportunity to serve you.Our menu is no exception either. We offer the same traditional favorites that you have come to love. Our pizzas, calzones, and subs are a staple here in Blacksburg where you will also find newly added specials of fresh seafood, Mussels Luciano, and hand made raviolis. Our in-house chef can also accommodate even the pickiest eaters. We have something for everyone! Sal’s in Blacksburg is kid-friendly and our menu is loaded with kid’s favorites. We also offer our no-hassle catering service and a huge take-out menu. When it comes to dining Italian style we have it covered. Nothing compares to a Sal’s experience and we look forward to creating a special experience just for you!!
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very very happy with our experience at Sal's. I guess Sal's has been around the area for some time but it was not on my radar until I visited family this week and the consensus was Italian for dinner. We called ahead- a good idea because it was crowded- and enjoyed dinner that rivaled my favorite at home in Virginia Beach. The owner was great, the service (Tech student) very attentive, and it was a nice atmosphere. Only complaint- dark, hard to read menus. Would be nice to have candles or something on the table (even the fake ones) to illuminate the menus and faces around you. The ceiling can lights are just too far away. Enjoyed the nod to old-school Italian restaurants- saw a bunch of plastic grapes! Tasteful, but they were there. Made me smile.

There are newer reviews for Sal's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had high hopes, but left disappointed. No gluten free pasta. Avoid the burgers, greasy and hard buns. The chicken pastas, pizza and salad were fine. Calamari appetizer came out cold and tasted of old cooking oil.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The manager Patrick is really a hands on guy and is there to make sure you really enjoy your meal. Service was excellent and have eaten there several times. Always good!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When the weather permits I enjoy dining on the patio of any restaurant or cafe that has one available. Sal's is just a stones throw from Bulls and Bones restaurant and sports bar both across the street from where I was staying at the Red Carpet Inn. Sal's offered great food and service. Sal's has a warm and inviting decor and I enjoyed their patio dining as well. Best Italian dining in the Blacksburg area.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

The food is good Italian cuisine and the atmosphere is very friendly. It is also family oriented with the kids getting a fresh piece of pizza dough to play with while waiting on their meal. A fun time to be had by all.