I came to Blacksburg on February 21st so that my son could interview for a Virginia Tech scholarship. Because of a late start, we were unsure if we would stop on the way or travel the entire distance to Blacksburg. At midnight we figured we would just press on to Blacksburg, so I had my daughter call a local hotel to make a reservation. The reservation was completed at 12:19 and we arrived at the hotel approximately two hours later. Upon arrival after a long trip, we were informed in an unapologetic tone that we were a "no show" and that no rooms were available. This was extremely frustrating and we worried that accommodations may not be available.
We traveled to your hotel (whining and complaining the entire way!) and were kindly greeted by Michael McGee. You are so fortunate to have such a gracious employee. I do not think any person would have wanted to be on the receiving side of our tired and frustrated attitudes. Michael apologized that we had the experience that we did (though no fault of his or your company). He quickly offered us our room at a rate a few dollars less than the advertised price because when he pulled up our information we were repeat customers. He spoke wonderfully of Virginia Tech (GO HOKIES!) and Blacksburg. In addition, he wished my son well with his upcoming interview. I know that people tend to only give us the complaint side of business, but I wanted to thank Michael for his pleasant and much needed kindness and
consideration. At pretty close to 3 am after an exhausting evening I found myself smiling and thankful to have been helped by such a fine young man.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expect southern hospitality and a warm welcome at our Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center hotel, off Interstate 81 and near Virginia Tech. Stroll around our spacious grounds as you enjoy the scenic mountain views that surround our pet-friendly Blacksburg, VA, hotel. Start your day with healthy free Daybreak continental breakfast, then connect to the office with free Wi-Fi Internet access. Work out in our gym, swim in our seasonal outdoor pool or get work done in our business center. Each room comes equipped with a microwave and refrigerator, and handicapped-accessible rooms are available. We offer free parking, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center Virginia