New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The room and staff were nice. Housekeeping did not vacuum...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center

Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Perkasie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The breakfast area had no hot water and was out of tea bags. These items are staples at most breakfast bars. I would have rated higher, but this seems to be a major thing with me as I have stayed at many hotels and they always have this available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Roberta,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn Blacksburg. Please accept our apologies that the hot water and tea bags were not available for your morning cup of tea! Our complementary breakfast buffet does usually include tea bags and hot water to brew fresh tea. We do move these items to our 24-hour coffee section at the front desk after breakfast hours; however, it seems they were not moved back to the breakfast area during your stay. Starting our guests' days off right with a good breakfast is very important to us and we are very sorry to hear that the items you desired were not available. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly utilize it to improve future guests’ experiences. We hope you will stay with us again soon and give us the chance to exceed your expectations!
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel. I stay here for work on a weekly basis and they constantly moved me to different rooms. Every room was disgusting, moldy showers, towels, and sheets. To top it off, I got STAPH from this hotel, and cannot get rid of it. I hope this place closes down soon. Lazy cleaners.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Hsnop
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for your candid review. While it is never easy to receive less than complimentary feedback, we welcome all feedback as it helps us to improve our hotel for future guests. Please know that we are mindful of your comments and are working hard to sort out all that went wrong with your stay so that we can make corrections! We have been trying to contact you to discuss your concerns. We hope that you will get in touch with the manager, Andrew, at your earliest convenience. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Blacksburg hotels

Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We contracted with Days Inn Conference Center-Blacksburg for our wedding reception this past June. The Vicker Switch was amazing, and many of our guests loved the nostalgic feel of this area of the hotel. This was one of several hotels that we chose to block rooms for our wedding party and guests for the value. Great people to work with. Thanks Andrew!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad to hear that your guests enjoyed their time at our hotel and the “nostalgic feel” of the area. We enjoy working with wedding parties and always strive to exceed their expectations. Our team does their best to be a home away from home for all our guests and are pleased to be a good value at the same time!
We hope you’ll find occasion to visit us again soon!
Saluda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We spend a lot of time in this area and stay at a number of hotels, this is by far the worst I have stayed at. I would not sleep under the covers, bathroom was moldy and LUKEWARM water. The door had a 1" gap from the threshold and anything could have crawled in the room. The check in clerk was nice, and when I checked out I told the lady about the issues, she said she would have them checked out. NEVER EVER again would I stay here. I call this highway robbery to charge for this dump. The carpet was dirty and the room had a musty smell. The TV ?? most of the channels were fuzzy. I stayed here to try to sleep and get a shower. I did not eat anything from there. WIFI??? what WIFI, I could not log on. Just another deception. I feel they owe me money back.

Room Tip: My first and My LAST time, I found nothing appealing enough to make me want to stay again. I will dr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank npjack
Mid_AtlanticMichele, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Blacksburg Conference Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
While it was very difficult to hear about the challenges you encountered during your stay, we very much appreciate your taking the time to let us know about them. During the time period you stayed with us, as soon as guests let us know about the water temperature issue, we immediately set to work to correct the malfunctioning part. Occasionally, during busy seasons, with many guests accessing the internet at once, the speed may become a bit sluggish. We are working with our internet provider to increase our number of "hot spots" so that this is not an ongoing issue and based on positive guest feedback feel that we have made tremendous progress in this area. We do have high standards for cleanliness at this hotel and regret that we missed the mark in your guest room. Your comments have been shared with the housekeeping and management staff as a reminder to consistently implement our room inspection procedures for every guest room, every time. We are pleased to share that upgrades over the next several weeks include new flat screen TV's in our guest rooms. Thank you again for your feedback.