The location is great, and the hotel is well decorated. However, those things don't make up for the downsides. The worst thing we encountered was the lack of sound proofing in the walls. We were able to hear people in the rooms on both sides of us...clearly! That was not only bothersome but a little disconcerting! We also had trouble with our door closing unless we slammed it. When we reported it to the front desk, the woman on duty asked if we were in a certain room (which we weren't). They apparently were having this difficulty with other rooms. We would agree with the person who said the people at the front desk were "hit or miss." When we checked in and went to get ice, the machine was not working. My husband went to the front desk only to be told they were aware of the broken machine and we could get ice at 7-11. We were surprised they had not made some sort of effort to have ice available... in a cooler, for example. We could have overlooked that, but the lack of good sound barriers between the rooms is a deal killer for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is a boutique hotel within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, LEDTVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia