Our room was right in front on a very busy street - noisy with "boom box" cars, loud mufflers, sirens, etc. Site was handy for most things, Had snacks in lobby, but no breakfast. I spent 25 years as head of hospital housekeeping departments. Take my word for it, this room was filthy - dust was "white " along carpet edges and in corners. Wrong vacuum cleaners in use for daily cleaning. Need vacs with hoses to get edges and corners. Complained about dust and an attempt was made to clean, but only a halfway job. One bulb over bathroom sink was burned out during entire stay. Cleaning personnel should be taught to ask themselves one question when they have finished cleaning -"If I were a guest, would I want to stay in this room?" If they can't answer with a truthful yes, then they should do whatever is needed for that to be so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia