This was a very nice surprise in the middle of downtown Blacksburg. I stayed two nights and enjoyed the convenience of walking to campus and downtown restaurants. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and polite. The room was different than a standard hotel room. It was nicely appointed but small with a suite type design. The front third was a small sitting area with NO window and then the bath was located immediately behind the sitting area. You walked down a short hall beside the bathroom to the bedroom area which was located behind the bathroom. The bedroom had a window but the room was not much bigger than the bed. If you want a suite type set up and do not plan to spend much time in the room this would be fine. I had two unpleasant discoveries--the walls were NOT soundproof. My bed evidently backed up to the same wall as the bed next door and I could clearly understand the conversation that the folks next door were having at a normal volume. Had they been loud or noisy it would have been a problem. The second disappointment was that most of the parking was across the street in a parking garage that only allows overnight parking on the 4th and 5th floors. There was loading/unloading space next to the hotel and a dozen or so guest spots under the hotel, but if you need frequent access to your car, the garage is inconvenient. The only other comment I have is that it took me two trips around the block to locate the hotel and the driveway immediately beside it. The hotel is built right up to the sidewalk which makes it hard to see when you are driving by. The narrow driveway immediately beside it is also hard to locate. Otherwise it was a refreshingly different type of accommodation in a great downtown location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Blacksburg, Main Street Inn is within walking distance to Virginia Tech and all sports facilities. Guests can enjoy dining, music, theater and shopping ... all a short stroll away. Amenities include free WiFi Internet, plasma TVs (2 per suite), refrigerator, microwave and coffee service. When visiting for business or pleasure, the main place to stay is Main Street Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Main Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Main Street Hotel Blacksburg
- Main Street Inn Blacksburg, Virginia