WINNER WONDERLAND

Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Roanoke, Virginia
“Our New Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Two of us stopped for Thursday dinner at 6:30PM and found the restaurant almost empty; by the time we ordered our dinner almost all of the tables in the main dining area were full. The fresh and full flavored food is the reason why. First we chowed down on a loaf of their fresh baked warm olive bread; actually we ate a second loaf as well. Our orders of shrimp with ravioli and salmon were fantastic; very nicely seasoned and cooked perfectly. A side order of marinara sauce tasted as if the tomatoes were just picked. We chowed down on a loaf of their fresh baked warm olive bread; actually we ate a second loaf as well. This restaurant reminded us our our previous favorite Italian restaurant, where we had our engagement dinner decades ago, and where we returned dozens of times until we moved from that area. Authentic food prepared by someone who cares deeply about what they serve.

• Visited March 2014

Virginia
“Excellent Little Italian Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited Zeppoli's for lunch last week for the first time in several years, just because I don't get to that area very much. So it had been awhile since I had been there. I am certainly glad I rediscovered this little gem.

The place is very unique. They have a wine shop where you can browse for that perfect bottle of wine, pay wine shop prices and a $2 corking fee and enjoy a great wine with your meal at a fraction of the cost of paying restaurant prices for a bottle. I had a bottle of Chardonnay that costs $28 at Kroger and $45 at most local restaurants for the wine shop price of $22 plus the $2 cork fee. I almost went for the $11 bottle of Pinot ($18 at Kroger and $35 at local restaurants), but I really like this particular Chardonnay.

I had the lunch Rigatoni with sausage and marinara sauce ($5.95), including a good salad. It was delicious. But I saw a lot of people ordering different dishes, and they all looked good. All of the pasta is made fresh on site and the sauces are delicious. I would have paid the $5.95 just for the salad and the bread which came with an excellent extra virgin olive oil dipping sauce, but I got the excellent pasta dish as well.

Hands down, the best authentic Italian in the New River Valley.

• Visited March 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best Italian in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food is remarkably good - very good. And all of the pasta is made on site; it's just delightful. Plus, they're a wine shop, with great wine. And, double plus, they charge a very low (I think $2? Not remembering) cork fee to open it there at your table. When you consider the price for a bottle of wine in most restaurants, that's a huge deal. Take home what you don't drink, have a great meal, and get the owner's advice on some great wine while you're there.

Great food, good atmosphere, and great wine selection. Win!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good Lunch Option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I eat lunch at Zeppoli's fairly often and sometimes take out-of-town visitors there. The atmosphere is welcoming, and it is quiet enough for a business discussion or serious conversation. The service is friendly and attentive. I especially enjoy their salads.

• Visited February 2014
blacksburg, va
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a very good italian restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

another of our favs. usually go on sundays (when open, not open on sunday during summer months) before or after a movie. not crowded, we have been the only couple there. service is quick. they will make preparation changes for you. reasonable prices, and plenty to take home. a wide choice of wines avail. usually go there 2-3 x per year.

• Visited February 2014