All reviews the main house back porch cookies kitchen and living room full kitchen virginia tech wonderful hosts downtown blacksburg within walking distance chain hotel main street felt like home other guests breakfast was amazing living area comfortable room the location is perfect
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Clay Corner Inn during VT Parents Weekend 2013. The room was very nice, clean and quiet. The grounds are very scenic and a great place to sit and enjoy a bottle of wine. It was great that the location was so close to the campus that we could just walk and not have to mess with traffic! Each morning we were served a great breakfast. Our only place to stay in Blacksburg is now the Clay Corner Inn!

We have already reserved a room for our son's graduation in 2017!!!

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

And we look forward to having you back, time and time again until your Son graduates.. we have so much fun when you guys come. Pleased you enjoyed our breakfasts and Inn so all I can say now is thank you for your review and see you soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for one night after a football game and was amazed with the cleanliness of the place after all the foot traffic in and out over the weekend, I expected it to be even a little bit dirty. The overall atmosphere was great and very relaxing. There is a pool and zen garden and yoga area and the grounds are very scenic. The owners are extremely nice and live in their own house. You do not stay in their building and you can choose to eat alone or sit with others in the morning. Each room has a bathroom with a shower and the "Hokie Room" we stayed in was more than enough.

Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank joe g

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you found our Inn to be clean even after a crazy football weekend! We try our utmost that all our guests, whether during or after any event, find the Inn up to our standings and what each of our guests deserve :-) Rick and I remember you well and enjoyed having you here too. Thank you again for taking time to write this kind review. Until next time!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family with little girls enjoyed our stay very much. Lovely place to be. We stayed two nights during our trip through the eastern USA. The girls of course loved the pool, and the dogs Minky en Callypso. And we could relax too, with very tasty breakfasts and beautifull evenings at the terrace. We love to come again.
Laurette and Jan-Paul, Zeist, Netherlands

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
ClayCornerInn, Owner at Clay Corner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Laurette & Jan-Paul, let me tell you that it was a delight for us to have you and your family here with us. Your young ladies were so amazing, their English was superb! Thank you also for sending me your follow up email, I really enjoyed reading it :-) We also would love to have you here again and hear all about your travels and life.... thank you for sharing your vacation time with us and until next time, have a wonderful life!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wow! Very well run B&B and the food and thought that went into these brilliant internationally themed meals was awesome. Beautiful home with really comfy linens and nice touches everywhere. There were 4 of us girls for a bachelorette weekend and the only reason I gave it 4 instead of a 5 rating is because when we were running 45 minutes behind the check-out time, the manager got very rude with us while we were packing when we said we need just 10 minutes longer and her response is "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH". We were throwing all of our stuff in our bags. Then, we left something at the B&B and when one of the girls went back, the manager was very curt and cold, very opposite of how we were treated the rest of the weekend. I know we did not leave the suite in shambles or ruin anything, so besides checking out late, I felt the rude good-bye was very unnecessary. Too bad we left on such a sour note and when my husband returns from deployment I will probably not go back. It's too bad, but for the money, I prefer to be treated nice the entire time.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Dawn, first of all I would like to congratulate you on your recent marriage I hope you and your husband have a wonderful life together :-) Actually I was the one who came to your room at 11:45am to let you know that check out was 11am and we had guests checking into the same room in a short period of time. Instances like this are awkward (and rare) when we have to say to a guest that you must leave when we have spent a weekend together and enjoyed each other’s company. I cannot recall those exact same words used, but it comes as a serious disappointment to me personally that you felt that I was being rude, a word that I have not heard associated with our business since we took over several years ago. Frankly, I did not know what exactly to say, it’s always a difficult task turning over rooms with awesome guests trying to do ones best with them but also having the pressure of an early check-in requested ahead of time and trying to make things perfect for those guests also. However, my staff had been waiting for some time and we had already granted quite some time after check-out. I am deeply sorry that you perceived my comments to be unfair or rude and I appreciate your taking the time to express how you felt. We greatly appreciate your patronage at the Clay Corner Inn and would be more than happy to invite you and your husband back and would be more than delighted to give you a 20% reduction off of your next stay if you did choose to do so. I am sure that next time you would leave with the same feeling that have described in your first 2 lines above.
Sincerest apologies,
Nicky Aymes, Innkeeper

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is your must-stay location while visiting Blacksburg, VA and/or VATech. Nicki is most gracious. The inn is immaculate; the rooms inviting. The inn is just a block or two from the university and "downtown," yet in a very quiet neighborhood. You won't want to leave!

Room tip: Tell Nicki your needs; she'll guide you to the best room.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Ohhh I like the title "a must stay!" too kind and we really appreciate that you feel this way about our Inn :-) We strive every day to create the perfect atmosphere for guests from all walks of life so to read what you wrote makes it all worth it. Thank you Ken :-)