“Great place to overnight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beliveau Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blacksburg
Beliveau Estate
You added Beliveau Estate to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 4 Blacksburg B&B and Inns
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great place to overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stopped here to break up the trip between Washington DC and Charlotte NC. The B&B is very comfortable and well-appointed. We were lucky enough to have Joyce and Ivan provide a tour of the winery and tasting. It was nice to see people sharing their passion, and I'm sure that the wines will show a lot of potential as the vines and winery mature. Breakfast on the hill was a very nice touch (apparently we were the inaugural group to do this) and the location gave a great perspective to a spectacular property. A top rate B&B run by enthusiastic and nice people. The future plans and developments should make this a world-class destination for anyone who wants to get a little "off the beaten track", relax and enjoy the environment and wine. We are very glad that we found this little gem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped here on the way to and from Nashville. It was a halfway point. I struggle with this review for the people that own the place could not be nicer! They will do anything for you!! I so appreciate their energy and their smiles. I had some set backs with some food requests and the accommodations. Again, the nicest people you will ever meet!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I heard of Beliveau Estate after stumbling upon their downtown location in Blacksburg. I'm glad I took the drive out to their winery location. They have a wonderful place there, the views are amazing and it is the perfect place to feel like I'm getting out of town without driving a long ways. Their wines didn't disappoint, they were friendly and very informative. I especially love their reds which I found to be very flavorful and my favorite was Soul Singer. My friends and I bought two bottles of it and a cheese plate (well worth the price, we couldn't finish all of ours!) and enjoyed the afternoon on their outdoor patio. Special place with really special wines and I really want to try out their B&B, the rooms look immaculate on their website!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tiffany L
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We are avid Virginia wine supporters and looked forward to visiting this new winery. The drive was enjoyable on a nice Spring day. When we arrived in the tasting room we were greeted by a nice young lady (student at VT - Go Hokies!). We both did the $5 tasting and sampled 7 wines (with an extra taste of 1 additional wine at the end). During the tasting our pourer asked after every wine, "How was that one?" I felt the need to ask a lot of questions about the wines and she knew all the answers to them so in the end I wished she had talked more about the wines, wine-making process, and some of the things that make Beliveau wines special/unique.

Everyone has their own taste preferences for wine. We enjoy almost all types of wines (semi-sweet, medium dry, dry, whites, reds, etc.). I found my palette overwhelmed with the strong flavors in most of their wines. The Niagara/Riesling blend of Discovery was by far the sweetest wine I've ever tasted and having it directly followed by some semi-dry reds was confusing. It was not the "fun summer sipper" you want out of that type of wine. There seemed to be some oily substance floating on top of the A Cappella (100% Landot Noir). I've never seen that before and having done some research since my visit found that it's caused by fermentation but should have been filtered out before bottling. It's a shame because I was excited to try this new grape (and again had to ask questions about this hybrid I've never heard of). The oily sheen floating atop my tasting sample gave me a queasy feeling. I actually left with a bit of an upset stomach which has never happened after the hundreds of wine tastings I've done.

Overall this wine tasting was just okay. We didn't even find something we liked enough to purchase. And we buy A LOT of Virginia wine. Lastly, we had to practically throw our money at the pourer as she was engrossed in helping everyone else except us to pay for tastings or snacks. So this is one to watch and I hope they can fine tune their wines to bring them up to a level we are used to tasting in the beautiful countryside of the great state of Virginia.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VAWineGal_11
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My girlfriend and I went for a weekend getaway and had a great time. Just 30 mins away from downtown Blacksburg but feels very secluded. Nice owners, great food, clean/comfortable rooms... and the wine tops it all off. We will be back!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi tub was great but not all the rooms have them.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jacob D
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

A Beautiful serene place to stay to recharge your batteries with great views. Good wine and great hosts that make you feel welcomed. It felt like home. The three course breakfast were excellent. The location is also only a short drive from town for shopping and dinners. We'll be back again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ross H
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a wonderful time we had, celebrating our anniversary. Everthing was perfect! The wine tasting was a pleasure, the Chocolat room so relaxing and comfortable, I didn't want to leave. We watched the sun set from the vineyard, as time seemed to slow down, and reconnected with each other. The fog on the mountain in the morning burned off in time to take some great pictures. At breakfast with the other two couples we shared fun conversation and great food made by our hostess, Joyce. Her husband, Ivan, the wine half of the marriage, loaded the case of reds and whites into our car for the trip home. A very romantic stay, one we very much recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jwphotos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
No photo provided
Courtyard Blacksburg
#4 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Beliveau Estate? Share your experiences!