“Great Healthy Food!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great Healthy Food!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were just passing through Blacksburg on the way to Tennessee, but we decided to stop at Gillie's for dinner based on numerous recommendations from friends who go to Virginia Tech. Our dinner did not disappoint - the food, service, and value were all excellent.

For an appetizer, we all split the Pacos, which were an absolutely delicious and very large plate of "healthy" nachos loaded with all sorts of good stuff. Even split between the three of us, I was almost too full after these for my main course!

I wasn't about to let that stop me, though, because everything else I had was too good to not eat. My entree was one of the build your one stir-fry options - I opted for tempeh with soba noodles in the kung pao sauce, but there were plenty of other options that looked great.

I was also able to try the quesadilla and the Green Masala (mixed veggies with ride noodles, green onions, and shrimp, all in an awesome spicy green coconut curry). The Green Masala was the favorite of our group.

Service was also very good. Our server was patient with us and was very willing to offer recommendations and suggestions.

I will definitely be sure to visit Gillie's again whenever I am in Blacksburg. I will also be sure to try some of their craft beer and to save room for dessert!

• Visited March 2014

“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Technically it's the best EVERYTHING, but really if you get the chance, go for breakfast and get the potatoes. So, so, so amazing. Lunch and dinner are fantastic too, but the potatoes are a must.

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Absolutely delicious food - for cheap!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wow - in most cities, this type of cuisine would be at least $10 a plate. Here, it is $6 or $7 a plate. Very cheap, very good, very hip scene. If I lived in Blacksburg, I would literally be here every weekend. I got the breakfast quesadilla and was blown away!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming, excellent and fast service from the waitress. Visiting VT on business and called in here for lunch. The food was excellent - the taco pack pound is just outstanding, a flavour explosion! I am not a vegetarian but would definitely come here again and maybe even become a regular. Would recommend to everyone, even avid meat eaters like me who fancy something different.

Visited February 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“YUM!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

In town recently for a conference at Virginia Tech, my colleagues and I came to Gillie's for dinner. I was nervous when I realized this is a vegetarian restaurant, being a non-vegetarian myself. But it was just fine! I had a caesar salad with salmon and it was delicious! My colleagues all enjoyed their meals as well.
Our server was terrific, as well. Super fast and friendly service.

Oh and there was a band, too! They had a great vibe and a great sound!

Excellent restaurant! I highly recommend it!