“Absolutely delicious food - for cheap!”

Gillie's Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Absolutely delicious food - for cheap!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wow - in most cities, this type of cuisine would be at least $10 a plate. Here, it is $6 or $7 a plate. Very cheap, very good, very hip scene. If I lived in Blacksburg, I would literally be here every weekend. I got the breakfast quesadilla and was blown away!

• Visited February 2014

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming, excellent and fast service from the waitress. Visiting VT on business and called in here for lunch. The food was excellent - the taco pack pound is just outstanding, a flavour explosion! I am not a vegetarian but would definitely come here again and maybe even become a regular. Would recommend to everyone, even avid meat eaters like me who fancy something different.

Visited February 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“YUM!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

In town recently for a conference at Virginia Tech, my colleagues and I came to Gillie's for dinner. I was nervous when I realized this is a vegetarian restaurant, being a non-vegetarian myself. But it was just fine! I had a caesar salad with salmon and it was delicious! My colleagues all enjoyed their meals as well.
Our server was terrific, as well. Super fast and friendly service.

Oh and there was a band, too! They had a great vibe and a great sound!

Excellent restaurant! I highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2014
Blacksburg, Virginia
“A Blacksburg Favorite”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Gillie's has been around for years and is a local favorite. It's casual and funky with a great brunch and pretty darn good lunch and dinner.

• Visited January 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Local treasure”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

For once, a top-rated restaurant deserving of its ranking. It's a cultural experience: a vegetarian cafe housed in an old, old bar (pressed tin ceiling) with very good food that has never disappointed me in all the years I've eaten here. The biggest drawback is parking can be challenging, so allow for the hunting time.

• Visited November 2013