“Very good!”

Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have been to Gilli's Vegetarian Cuisine several times and it has always been very good. They make most of the food right there with fresh ingredients and cater to vegans very easily. The only improvement I would suggest is maybe nicer or newer plates and coffee mugs! Saturday and Sunday brunch is especially good with a full menu of great vegetarian dishes freshly made on the spot. They even juice their fruits and vegetables right there while you watch! Desserts are made next door at a bakery owned by the same people who run Gilli's.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I visited our daughter at Virginia Tech in October and she said we MUST try this restaurant for its amazing breakfast. We did not get there until about 10:30 a.m. on a Friday (no school that day for Fall Break) and there were lots of people standing outside the door, waiting. Not a good sign in my book as far as a long wait, but we put our name in and took a mini-walk up the street. The wait was not bad and soon enough,we got a table in the back.

The place was hopping with every table full. My daughter and I ordered coffee and had to admit it was amazing, much better than the standard fare. I am not a vegetarian, nor do I eat any wheat or grain products, so it was a little difficult to find something I could eat, but decided that 3 fried eggs would work for me. I asked the waitress if she would add smoked salmon on the side. This was an option for an omelet, and she happily obliged. They gave me a great portion of smoked salmon and the eggs were delicious! Maybe adding some gluten-free options would be a great idea for those that cannot eat the standard breakfast fare such as pancakes.

My wheat eating husband found plenty to choose from and decided on pancakes and eggs. My daughter got one of the specials and also loved her entree. We were three satisfied customers!

We LOVED eating here and will definitely return our next trip to Blacksburg. I am not one for crowds and usually avoid them like the plague, but did not find it stressful in the least. They keep things moving and we enjoyed this breakfast out more than any other while in Blacksburg.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food is excellent any time of day but I especilly enjoy their breakfast. You need to get there early in order to get a seat and sometimes the service is a bit slow but so worth while. A great time either by yourself or with family or group.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Gillie's is an authentic vegetarian restaurant that also serves a breakfast that rivals anything Grandma would serve up at home. Once you get a seat on a crowded weekend late morning, the food arrives quickly. A Vegan friend who traveled with me said he'd eat here 5 days a week if he were in town. Just outstanding

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had their basic salad, and added salmon. The additional choices are reasonably priced and fun. The taste and quantity and freshness were excellent. I'll be back.