“Excellent breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast
Bluefield, Virginia, USA
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have only been to Gillie's for breakfast but the breakfast is phenomenal! The decor and atmosphere is a bit different and it can become very cramped very quickly, especially on the weekends. There is a wide variety of options and prices on the menu, but I suggest Gillie's Special.

• Visited December 2011

Blacksburg, Virginia
“not my favorite anymore”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have been a loyal customer since 1986 when Gillies served ice-cream, and I was in college. BUT after my last visit, I am not sure I will ever go back!!!! The sous chef in the back blew her nose and did not wash her hands before returning to cutting veggies. Then she proceeded to tuck her hair behind her ear and fix her ponytail IN THE kitchen, and again she did not wash her hands. Finally, as she continued to prep veggies and clean silverware, she picked off a plate of salad and licked her fingers as she ate. When she left the kitchen area to go to the bathroom, I could only guess what was in store for the customers when she returned! BLEAGH!!!!! Needless to say I did not eat my food, and the waitress was kind enough NOT to charge me.

Tidewater, VA
“Great food in a great environment.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My vegetarian child, a student at VT, recommended this great restaurant to me. I have eaten at Gillies a couple times in the past year and left satisfied both times. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is even better. Very creative entrees and extremely fresh ingredients. The place was absolutely packed both times we stopped in for lunch, and the crowd seemed to be a good mix of students and townspeople alike. I highly recommend Gillies for both the vegetarian set and non-vegetarians looking for fresh, healthy fare.

SW Virginia
“Went for dinner but prefer breakfast”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Enjoyed a quick dinner before a performance at the 101 Theatre. Food was good but I enjoy breakfast at Gillie's much more. Had the soba noodles and didn't realize that it was served cold. My friend had a good salad. Very good for vegetarians with lots of tofu dishes.
Love breakfast here so I'll return for a good brunch soon.

Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic Local Breakfast”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is one of my favorite places to eat in town for breakfast. They absolutely have the best banana walnut french toast ever, and I love their "red earth" eggs and biscuit southwest plate. I'd been going here for years in college before I realized it was a vegetarian place so don't let that scare you away if your not a vegetarian. The service is great and the atmosphere is comfortable.