“YUK!!!”

Comfort Inn Blacksburg
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
Reviewed June 21, 2010

The place is tired, dirty, worn out and run down. The staff while friendly enough they apologize frequently. Disclamer- the "Inn" is being remodeled but honestly I couldn't see anything being done. The place was in disaray but for no apparent reason. The carpet in our room was so gross that we dare not go barefoot. "Nevermore"
Ok the "Business Center" is a PC & Printer on a table top in the lobby.
THe outdoor pool looked nice.... and wet

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank buccnet
Com4tinn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blacksburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

Your comments are appreciated and I apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory.

The issue you mentioned with the carpet is unacceptable. Our housekeeping schedule requires that all carpets are cleaned and professionally shampooed on a regular basis. I am not sure what happened in this situation but I can assure you we will continue to train our staff to remedy any such carpet issues should they arise in the future.

Sometimes when remodeling the process is not seen by our guests because we try to keep you insulated from the activity. At the time of your stay we were going through an extensive upgrade to our corridors. Fortunately they are now completed with new carpets, wall vinyl and fixtures. Our business center has also been upgraded with a new computer featuring all the necessary software that a leisure or business guest might need. The printer is also free to use for all guests.

My apologies again for your unsatisfactory visit. I hope that in your future travels you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 30, 2009

Bottom Line......The hotel staff is very rude. Why would you every stay some place where the people are so rude. STAY AWAY

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank pmills23

I am very sorry you feel that our staff was rude to you during your stay here with us. Since your visit we have made changes to insure our guests are treated in a courteous, professional manner at all times. We will continue to train everyone here to take good care of valuable guests like yourself so we can see you many times over in the future.

Thanks for your feedback; I sincerely hope you will give us another try. I will see to it that we don't disappoint you again.

Reviewed September 19, 2009

Nine of us stayed on the VT v. NU weekend in 4 rooms. Each room as 2 "double beds"....i guess....seemed small to me. Standard hotel room, nothing more but not all bad. Hotel was average but charged a whopping 240 per night based on the football game. This place is OK as per my ratings, but they were not able to come through on the claims the front desk made when I booked this trip. First, they would not provide any shuttle service to the game area. When I booked it I was told this would be possible. You know, jump in the van, get in the ball park of the stadium and walk on in. When we checked in they simply declared it was not possible. This wasn't a big problem because I also had been told we could take the public bus right to the stadium. When we got here the lady at the desk declared that the buses don't run on football Saturdays. Grrrrrrrr. Plus, they are about 2.5 miles from the stadium and you simply cannot walk there....to dangerous from a traffic standpoint.

So, if the rate is cheap and you aren't looking for an in close hotel, consider this place.

By the way, the mexican restaurant next door is good. Try the chicken fajitas quesidilla.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank channingdutton

I always appreciate, and learn from, comments just like yours; the positive aspects for obvious reasons and the negatives because they help us to pinpoint where we miss the mark. Please allow me to explain.

Virginia Tech football game weekends are a source of intense demand in the area. Hotels are sold out up to 40 miles away in the Roanoke area at times. Thus, the demand simply increases the cost of rooms for those short periods of time.

Concerning the shuttle service; it is unfortunate and unacceptable to me that a member of our staff told you that we provide service on those days because we have never been able to do so on football game days. We simply do not have the ability to transport 80 rooms of guests to Lane Stadium in an 8 passenger van. I apologize for the misinformation, we will continue to upgrade the training of our staff to be sure accurate information is delivered from the desk to our guests whenever it is requested.

In closing I must agree, the mexican restaurant next door is superb. I hope you will plan another visit with us soon so we can show you how we can provide you with accomodations as good (or maybe even better) as their food.

The Comfort Inn Blacksburg

Reviewed August 8, 2009

I used to stay here quite frequently when I traveled on business in the area. At that time (about 5 years ago) it was one of the better places to stay in Blacksburg. I came back here in June of this year and was disappointed. Like one of the other reviewers, the first thing I noticed was the threadbare carpet in the hallways - not just cosmetically threadbare but worn to the point of being a tripping hazard. The toilet seat was loose in the bathroom. The coffee maker had not been cleaned up after the last user. I did use the computer in the lobby for e-e-mail and it worked OK.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank visitingfrominstate

I am sorry that your most recent stay with us did not compare favorably to the times you had been with us in the past. We are proud to say that since your last stay we have completely renovated all of our corridors with a beautiful plush Persian style carpet, new wall coverings and fixtures. Training for the staff has also been intensified to make sure that the housekeeping issues you mentioned do not occurr again.

Our business center has also gone through and upgrade. We have installed a new computer, software and printer to go with our high speed internet to make your experience here an even more positive one.

I hope you will consider us in your future travels so we can treat you the way you had become accustomed to in the past.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

We checked into our room and as we were going to the second floor noticed that the carpets were tread bare in places in the hall. Went into our room and there were spots on the carpet as well as peeling wallpaper. In the bathroom the paint was peeling off the ceiling. Overall the room appeared to be clean. The next morning we went down for breakfast to find the trash overflowing, dirty tables that needed to be wiped off, the juice was only water and the waffle machine was empty. We spent about 15min in there and it seemed to be no attendant on duty. When we left the breakfast area I made mention to the front desk, she said someone would be right back. Needless to say the next morning we did not even try the breakfast and we just checked out. I was highly disappointed in the Comfort Inn. I have stayed at many hotels as we travel a lot and this was by far the worst I have ever stayed in. When I stay at a Comfort Inn I expect it to be maintained and basically up to date. This one is in need of a MAJOR overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LUVLABSVirginia

Your concerns about the hallway carpets were of concern to us as well which is why we have completely renovated our corridors with new carpet, wall vinyl and fixtures. We have also concentrated more intense efforts towards any issues with carpet and wallpaper in the rooms and areas in need of a fresh coat of paint.

The breakfast area is another area where we have concentrated on upgrades to avoid the concerns you mentioned that occurred during your stay. Our hot breakfast featuring waffles, eggs, biscuits, sausage and an assortment of fruits, juices and pastries has become one of our most commonly praised amenities. An attendant is also now available at all times to accomodate your breakfast needs.

We hope you will consider us in your future travel plans so we may exceed your expectations and earn your business for many visits to come.

Reviewed October 7, 2008

I decided to stay at a different hotel in one of my many visits to Blacksburg (visiting my sons at VT). Other area hotels seemed to have increased their prices for non football weekends.

The hotel was clean, rooms were of average size. They had an outdoor pool which was heated. I didn't use it as the weekend was wet and chilly. They have free wired internet (no wireless), but I couldn't get it to work. I figured it was a problem with me and I didn't have time to look into it. I would have liked to see more variety for breakfast. Waffles, cereal, and pastries with some juices was about it. Location was good, about midway between the Virginia Tech campus and the Christiansburg mall area.

The staff was always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Com4tinn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Blacksburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We do have wireless internet now so we hope you will come back to enjoy it.

There have also been several upgrades to our breakfast area which includes a much larger variety of great food. Our hot breakfast now features waffles, eggs, biscuits, sausage and an assortment of fruits, juices, pastries and more. We hear many great comments on our breakfast room and will continue to make sure we provide what you prefer.

Thanks so much for your kind words. We continue to train our staff to be friendly and helpful and they will be looking forward to seeing you in the near future. Hopefully you will be able to take advantage of our heated pool on your next visit.

Reviewed April 10, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a couple of nights while looking into one of Virginia Tech's graduate programs. I felt confident about the hotel after reading some other reviews, and I was not disappointed.

Very happy with my stay overall. My room was clean, and the staff at the Comfort Inn were all very friendly and helpful. They patiently answered my many questions about the area. And my bed was indeed very, very comfortable! Wonderful after a long day of walking around new places.

The hotel is conveniently located at the edge of Blacksburg. It's right on Main St. and the 460 business loop, so you can head straight downtown if you want. Or you can get onto 460 proper and drive by the west side of the Virginia Tech campus. This is good if you want to visit campus, since Southgate Drive, where the university's visitor center is located, is right off of 460 (although you will go by the east edge of campus if you take Main Street into town).

Breakfast was standard: waffles, bagels, and cereal. Coffee was available in the lobby until around 11 pm. I only had a couple of minor complaints. I specifically reserved a room with a desk so I could do some reading, but the desk lamp was so weak as to be almost useless. No big deal, though: I just moved some furniture around until I had better lighting. Also, I like cool environments, and the A/C seemed kind of weak - and it's not like I was visiting in the heart of summer.

Overall, though, I was very happy with my stay, and I would stay at this Comfort Inn again. Very pleased with the service I received.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Anagram_Sam

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your kind words about our hotel. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and continually train our staff to be friendly and helpful so we can see you again with future visits.

You will be happy to know that we have upgraded our hot breakfast area to include eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, fruits and pastries in addition to the waffles, bagels and cereal you mentioned.

Another upgrade has been to our air conditioning and heating systems. This should insure that your next stay will be even more comfortable than the last.

Thanks again for your positive feedback. We hope to be able to show off our property and friendly service to you again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Comfort Inn Blacksburg? Share your experiences!