My wife and I stayed here during a visit to our son in the middle of the week, who attends Virginia Tech. I must say, I was impressed. It didn't start as well as it ended. We checked in on a Friday, around 7 pm or so. The girl at the front desk at the time was mediocre, nice enough, but just did her job and sent us on our merry way. Once we got to our room, we were pleased with the view of the mountains and the condition of the room. It smelled nice and the king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling!! The pictures in the frames were a little outdated, however, it didn't take away from the cleanliness or overall satisfaction of the room. The morning after we arrived, we went downstairs to the lobby and dining area, which was a LITTLE SMALL, however.... the food was prepared wonderfully. They served FRESH biscuits, sausage, eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal, etc.... all together a wonderful selection. Something for everyone!! And I have to say, the young lady attending to the breakfast, I believe she said her name what Christen, was to say the LEAST, exceptional. She made our morning. Upon checkout that morning, everything was quick and easy. The other young lady at the desk, Tiffany, was extremely pleasant, and made sure that we left with peace of mind and a desire to return. And as far as the staff in general, although we didn't have AS MUCH interaction with the others as we did with the two young ladies the morning we checked out, they were very helpful and accommodating. Our housekeeper made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. I'll tell you... we didn't have to worry about a thing. We certainly didn't expect such extraordinary customer service!!! The entire staff was great, but our experience with Tiffany and Christen topped all other hotel stays alone. I recommend them and this hotel 100%!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is located on South Main Street, just minutes from the main campus of Virginia Tech. With easy access to Interstate 81 and U.S. Highway 460, the hotel is approximately forty minutes from Roanoke Regional Airport. Other nearby attractions include Smithfield Plantation, Warm Hearth Village, and Heritage Hall Nursing Home. The hotel is convenient to Blacksburg Industrial Park and the downtown business district, as well as the Christiansburg Aquatic Center and a full array of shops and restaurants at the nearby New River Valley Mall. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the affiliate hotel for the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is located directly across Main Street from LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery. For full service meals, the local favorite El Mariachi Restaurant and Cantina is adjacent to the hotel. Other restaurants located no more than 5 minutes and within a 2 mile radius include Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, O'Charley's, & Texas Roadhouse just to name a few. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg offers these full-service amenities and features: - Free wireless high-speed Internet access - Free local calls - Free hot breakfast - Free weekday newspapers - Free shuttle from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mon-Fri (Advance reservations required) - Free coffee available 24/7 in the lobby Your morning breakfast is full of hot and delicious options making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Blacksburg the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and more-including your choice of hot waffle flavors. Our guests enjoy relaxing in the seasonal outdoor heated pool, with an expansive view of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Our hospitality suite is perfect for social gatherings and receptions, and catering can be arranged by our friendly staff. For business travelers a complimentary 24-hour business center is at your service for printing, faxing, and general use of a computer with Internet access. A fully equipped meeting room is available for meetings and social functions. It's easy to stay connected with our free high-speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel, with wired in-room internet service for secure connections. All well-appointed guest rooms come with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, and cable television with free HBO (R). Whirlpool bathtub rooms available in Kings or Doubles. King rooms include computer desks and fully adjustable work chairs. We are a pet friendly hotel, and just 2 miles from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. Whether in Blacksburg for business or pleasure, the Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the right place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Comfort Inn Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blacksburg Comfort Hotel Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Blacksburg Virginia