Definitely not the best choice for a campus visit but the VTech campus is so big that even perching on the edge might not have been convenient. Besides, if you are visiting admissions they will give you a parking pass good for most spaces on campus.
Hotel looks better outside than inside. Very tired finishes. I was given a weird large room with a king Murphy bed (really?) on the top floor after the first room they sent me to was still unmade or perhaps occupied. Strange loud snapping noise from behind the bathroom wall but I wasn't going to move again. Not all the lamps worked but the view over the parking lot and past the distant freeway to the mountains was lovely. Also enjoyed watching some feral cats playing in the snow outside. Wildlife!
Breakfast was juice, pastries, sausage and biscuit, plus boiled eggs and yogurt cups. Small eating area but it wasn't full. My son was on campus else he might have gotten our money's worth out of that array of food. Coffee, hot chocolate and fresh fruit available at all hours. I had an apple when I checked in at 3pm. Crisp and juicy.
Staff was friendly for the most part. Well, one out of two ain't bad!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is located on South Main Street, just minutes from the main campus of Virginia Tech. With easy access to Interstate 81 and U.S. Highway 460, the hotel is approximately forty minutes from Roanoke Regional Airport. Other nearby attractions include Smithfield Plantation, Warm Hearth Village, and Heritage Hall Nursing Home. The hotel is convenient to Blacksburg Industrial Park and the downtown business district, as well as the Christiansburg Aquatic Center and a full array of shops and restaurants at the nearby New River Valley Mall. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the affiliate hotel for the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is located directly across Main Street from LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery. For full service meals, the local favorite El Mariachi Restaurant and Cantina is adjacent to the hotel. Other restaurants located no more than 5 minutes and within a 2 mile radius include Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, O'Charley's, & Texas Roadhouse just to name a few. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg offers these full-service amenities and features: - Free wireless high-speed Internet access - Free local calls - Free hot breakfast - Free weekday newspapers - Free shuttle from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mon-Fri (Advance reservations required) - Free coffee available 24/7 in the lobby Your morning breakfast is full of hot and delicious options making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Blacksburg the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and more-including your choice of hot waffle flavors. Our guests enjoy relaxing in the seasonal outdoor heated pool, with an expansive view of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Our hospitality suite is perfect for social gatherings and receptions, and catering can be arranged by our friendly staff. For business travelers a complimentary 24-hour business center is at your service for printing, faxing, and general use of a computer with Internet access. A fully equipped meeting room is available for meetings and social functions. It's easy to stay connected with our free high-speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel, with wired in-room internet service for secure connections. All well-appointed guest rooms come with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, and cable television with free HBO (R). Whirlpool bathtub rooms available in Kings or Doubles. King rooms include computer desks and fully adjustable work chairs. We are a pet friendly hotel, and just 2 miles from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. Whether in Blacksburg for business or pleasure, the Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the right place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blacksburg Comfort Hotel Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Blacksburg Virginia