Comfort Inn Blacksburg
$169
Main Street Inn(Blacksburg)
$107
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$101
ResidenceInn.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

Red Carpet Inn(Blacksburg)(Great Value!)
$56
$50
$119
$95
Travelocity
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$109
Hyatt.com
Courtyard Blacksburg(Blacksburg)
$109
$98
Priceline
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$99
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

All reviewsroom was cleanmountain viewwafflesvirginia techthe mexican restaurantfourth floorcomplimentary breakfastbiscuits and gravyfront desk personcouple of nightsoutdoor poolhard boiled eggsstaff was friendlynice selectionwaffle makerwould stay here againshuttle service
Reviewed October 29, 2012

True Southern Hospitality greets you the moment you cross the threshold. Eva, the front desk gal and Manager Ron went above and beyond to welcome me (and my infirmed dog) to a quiet and comfortable stay after spending hours at Virginia Tech's animal hospital.

The staff I encountered were all very cordial and accommodating, the complimentary breakfast bar had a broad selection of food to select from (fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, pastries, cereal, hot waffles, etc.), and my stay was exceptional.

Thank you Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I have children at VT so this place was close and convenient and for the first one or two times that we stayed there over the past year, it was adequate. Then we booked our room as usual for one trip and found the room to be dirty. There was a pile of dirt on the ledge of the shower and none of the lights would work in the room. To get the lamp on the table where the TV was to work, you had to unplug the movie service from the TV to use that plug. When I complained to management through a letter, I was comped for a 2 night stay with the promise that it would be better. Guess what? It was ten times worse. We were sure that this time, the room would be beautiful, they would check it out first right? Wrong!! This time, there was a huge streak in the mirror of the bedroom that you could write your name in (I did)...and when you opened the curtain to let in the sun, there was a spider web there that must have taken a year to build. The bathroom was not too clean either and the rugs never looked freshly vacuumed.All I can think of when I see dirt everywhere is.. "hmmm I wonder if this bed is clean". I don't ask alot from a hotel chain except that it be CLEAN and this one was clearly not. I swore off of that Hotel and we haven't stayed there since.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I visited our daughter at college for Fall Weekend and were lucky to get this hotel since the places I usually stay at were long since booked. I was somewhat surprised by how they seemed to update the rooms with new mattresses, flat screen TV's and everything seemed neat and clean. Still using bedspreads which is sort of gross by today's standards, but they seemed clean and didn't bother me at all. The bathroom seemed updated also and quite adequate, even had some luxury soaps in a cute little packet.

The location, while further out of the town than we usually like, is still quite convenient and it only takes minutes to get into the town of Blacksburg or to get to campus. We came for homecoming weekend and our first football game so I expected a full house. The breakfast lounge was never crowded and they offered a nice selection of the usual fare, cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, fruit, and even a hot buffet where you could make sausage & egg biscuits . One morning they had bacon! I do not eat any wheat products and was able to eat the warm hard-boiled eggs they served every morning, in addition to bacon or sausage. There is coffee or tea out for guests all-day long which we appreciated. After breakfast hours,we asked where the hot water was and the girl at the desk told us to open the louvered doors which they semi-close after breakfast hours. We liked going down to get tea at night!

My main complaints were the paper-thin walls. I am a light sleeper and could hear EVERYTHING the people next door were saying at 1:00 a.m when they came in. They were not being rowdy or loud, it was just normal conversation. Don't know how the hotel could rectify this situation, but I dealt with it over 3 nights. Even my husband who is a heavy sleeper admitted he could hear the people next door. Also, we were on the side of the parking lot and there are high-voltage lights aimed right at our wall which made the light come through our curtains. I ended up putting my running shoe on the curtain, propped against the wall, to keep the gap from forming and this seemed to help with the light coming in. I like it dark when I sleep!

Overall, I felt our first night was a terrific value, but the next two nights, they scapled us because it was a football weekend. The first night ( a Thursday) was $89.00, and the second two nights were over $200 a night.....really? That is a too high! Felt they were gouging us to make money off the football people and while they deserve to make money, that was excessive in my book. I would stay there again, though for the comfort and convenience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the parking lot side if you don't want a light shining in on your room at night!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Arrived to hotel early, not many customer had arrived. I explained I was a light sleeper. So we were placed in a mountain view room, less noise. On the way to the eleveator we got to see the washing machines/dryers and all the cleaning carts (tacky). We went to the mountain view room, tried to adjust the thermostat, it WAS NOT working. Called hotel check-in employee, she came up and confirmed, it was not working. I asked to be placed in room next to us. She said it was not available; really, no one was there yet. So, she put us in the room across the hall. I'm now listening to Main Street traffic. Here come my ear plugs and lots of pillows over my head. The room was very dated. The comforter was old, the bath sink faucet neck was so close to the edge of the sink, water was going everywhere on the counter. BONUS, I had a dead spider in the bed when I turned down the sheets. Also, dogs were allowed to stay, I saw several large and small ones. I can only image where they slept. Grossed me out!
The hotel is 5 miles from downtown Blacksburg, this was great. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Mountain View side (quieter).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

this hotel was priced the best in the area for a busy move-in weekend at Tech. I really liked the pool. It was VERY warm (maybe 86?) and being outdoors was perfect on a beautiful day. The bed was very comfortable. I like being able to get tea and coffee anytime of day (hot water was a bit more difficult to get than coffee but Grace, i think her name was, at the front desk was very helpful.)

This hotel could be made even better if they allowed, or said they allow, people to eat outside at the tables by the pool for breakfast. Not sure why that's an issue. The tables are there, the garbage can too, i don't think there's any glass dishes offered at breakfast. It was so pleasant outside in the am that one day, we sat there anyhow and the other, i just sat on the curb. The other thing i wasn't crazy about was that the windows in the room don't open. On a beautiful morning like we had in late August, this made me feel claustrophobic and disappointed. Also, the AC is different than most hotels in that it kept coming on and off so if you need constant noise or temperature to sleep, it may wake you up. Overall, it's still a good deal and has many nice things to offer so I would def. stay there again! Keep up the good work and consider "unlocking" the windows and opening up the outdoor tables for breakfast and the ratings will go up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family