Hotel advertised king bed...no mention that it was a Murphy bed. The pillows were tiny and too soft. The floor was actually uneven. The closet next to the bathroom was off of its hinge and was jammed shut. The refrigerator was hanging by a bolt to the cabinet and rocked side to side when you opened it. The faucets ALL were backwards, in other words, hot was on the right and cold was on the left. This included the shower. The "jacuzzi tub" was actually a small part of the bathtub. We dared not try it out! There was a separate heat unit in the bathroom on the wall which either steamed you, fried you or froze you depending on where you put the dial. The toilet paper roll was way back behind you when you sat down so it made it impossible to get the paper unless you stood up which was quite unacceptable. And the strangest of all was the actual toilet itself. The tank water was heated so when you sat down on the toilet, you literaly got a steaming where you don't want one. Very very odd. And lastly, the tv was very difficult to use. The remote required you to scan thru countless options just to see regular tv. I just wanted to watch CNN and then the weather channel and it had me going thru hoops. Just dumb.
At checkout I explained this to the hotel clerk and she said she would tell maintence and management about the room and I quote her "put the room out of order". Now that is a laugh. My husband and I have traveled to many locations and this hotel was by far the strangest hotel we have ever encountered. Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is located on South Main Street, just minutes from the main campus of Virginia Tech. With easy access to Interstate 81 and U.S. Highway 460, the hotel is approximately forty minutes from Roanoke Regional Airport. Other nearby attractions include Smithfield Plantation, Warm Hearth Village, and Heritage Hall Nursing Home. The hotel is convenient to Blacksburg Industrial Park and the downtown business district, as well as the Christiansburg Aquatic Center and a full array of shops and restaurants at the nearby New River Valley Mall. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the affiliate hotel for the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine, and is located directly across Main Street from LewisGale Hospital at Montgomery. For full service meals, the local favorite El Mariachi Restaurant and Cantina is adjacent to the hotel. Other restaurants located no more than 5 minutes and within a 2 mile radius include Outback Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, O'Charley's, & Texas Roadhouse just to name a few. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg offers these full-service amenities and features: - Free wireless high-speed Internet access - Free local calls - Free hot breakfast - Free weekday newspapers - Free shuttle from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mon-Fri (Advance reservations required) - Free coffee available 24/7 in the lobby Your morning breakfast is full of hot and delicious options making breakfast at the Comfort Inn Blacksburg the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and more-including your choice of hot waffle flavors. Our guests enjoy relaxing in the seasonal outdoor heated pool, with an expansive view of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Our hospitality suite is perfect for social gatherings and receptions, and catering can be arranged by our friendly staff. For business travelers a complimentary 24-hour business center is at your service for printing, faxing, and general use of a computer with Internet access. A fully equipped meeting room is available for meetings and social functions. It's easy to stay connected with our free high-speed wireless internet access throughout the hotel, with wired in-room internet service for secure connections. All well-appointed guest rooms come with refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers, and cable television with free HBO (R). Whirlpool bathtub rooms available in Kings or Doubles. King rooms include computer desks and fully adjustable work chairs. We are a pet friendly hotel, and just 2 miles from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine. Whether in Blacksburg for business or pleasure, the Comfort Inn Blacksburg is the right place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blacksburg Comfort Hotel Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Blacksburg Virginia