“Welcome to Big Stone Gap!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Big Stone Gap
Kingsport
“Welcome to Big Stone Gap!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our third annual stay here and it is always a pleasant experience. The staff are friendly and the accommodations top notch. The decor is rustic and tastefully done. The breakfast with a full selection was better than the one typical of most chains. The view of the mountains is awesome and the hotel is convenient to the town of Big Stone Gap and its attractions. Be sure to see the drama, Trail of the Lonesome Pine during the late June through August timeframe. You'll feel welcome in Big Stone Gap..

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Liz M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn in Big Stone Gap Va for all your lodging needs. The outdoor is also one of our top picks for you to see while your visiting the are. I'm glad that you enjoyed you stay and we hope you and your family will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2014

If you are looking for a clean quiet place for a night or more you can't beat this hotel.
Set in a great location away from the bright lights. Nice views. Rooms are 'new' but have a rustic charm. Very clean.
Beside a Huddle House.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lyndhurst, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my fourth time staying there. Everything was very nice. Breakfast was great and when we needed extra towels they were no problems. The hotel is decorated with a lodge theme. Coffee is constantly provided in lobby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel was very nice staff was helpful and friendly breakfast was very good the room was clean
if I was to go up this way again this is the hotel i would stay at The in door pool was heated so i really liked that

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stopped here on our way Gatlinburg. It was a little hard to find in the dark, but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It had obviously been recently renovated in a cabin theme right down to the pine tree cutouts displaying the room numbers. It reminded me of some of the lodges we've stayed at in national parks out west. Everything was very clean. The only oddity about our room was that there was no desk. We didn't mind because we didn't need it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Liz M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We have recently put in new carpet and now are starting to redo the bedding in the rooms. Next time you stay with us make sure you check out our lovely indoor heated pool, the full breakfast in the morning from 6-9 am and enjoy the mountain view from your room. Hope to see you again!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was there for 4 days, the only thing that was nice was the house keepers. The manager was rude and very loud, and everyone was talking about the movies starts that was staying there. I thought you wasn't suppose to say who was there? Next time us "no-one" come and stay treat us all the say. I have to give the housekeppers A++ and the breakfast was great, and Huddle House brought the food to my door, so that was a pluse.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, due to the look out!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AMS00
Liz M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I'm truly sorry that your experience here at the Comfort Inn wasn't what you expected. If your ever in town again, I hope that you'll let us make it up to you. Thank you for staying and hope to you see inthe future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Big Stone Gap for almost a month.
The staff there made me feel so at home. They were incredibly friendly and went out of their way to make my stay there wonderful. I am usually someone who stays in 4-star hotels, but Big Stone Gap is a small town and doesn't have such a choice. No lie, I was really surprised how pleasurable my stay was. The beds and pillows were totally comfortable. The room décor is good. The pool is indoor and heated and there is a treadmill, so I actually got my exercise in! I really enjoyed my stay. I give them 5 stars!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Liz M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you Jenna for staying with us! We enjoyed having you here and all the attention you and the other stars brought to Big Stone Gap. We hope to see you again in the future!

Thanks
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton
Best Western Of Wise

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!