“STAY HERE”

“STAY HERE”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

First time here
Very good service.
Atmosphere is very nice good country feeling with wood staircase. Log wood furniture in rooms
Breakfast was good but one needs to walk next door to Hiddle House fresh eggs etc there
Bed was comfy.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank K9sniffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jamestown, North Carolina
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was assigned to work in SW Va. I booked a room at the hotel in big stone gap in order to be closer to my assignment. Being a woman traveling alone for the first time, I had done some research and this looked to be an ok place. The room was nice, the women checking me in were very pleasant. However, there was some sort of mix up and at 12:30 am, I was awoken by someone using a key to get into my room. Needless to say, I was scared beyond words. When I called the front desk, they said I was not registered in that room and they had just given it to the unsuspecting guest that had just arrived. Thank goodness for double locks or this poor person would have been maced. Then, I never got my wake up call. I woke up an hour late, arrived at work, rushed, late and with lack of sleep and no breakfast. Not happy with my experience. And the Internet service was lacking too. It was very spotty and sometimes nonexistent.

Room Tip: When asking for a quiet room, make sure they change it in the computer
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Check-in was an absolute breeze and very friendly. Gentleman at the desk worked with us to get rooms near other family members so we could be close. Pool area is very nice, room is very clean and the lodge feel is comforting. Views from front of hotel are amazing, beautiful mountain vista. Great place to relax with family after a busy day at the reunion.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wrenchgal
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a very nice hotel for the price range. The rooms are nicely decorated in a lodge sort of way. Clean and comfortable. The staff is supper friendly. Definitely the best in this whole area.
We will stay here again when we come back here,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GranNan04
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This Comfort Inn provided comfort as promised. Just on the outskirts of a small town, my family was surprised to find a nice hotel with good accommodations for the price range. They offer clean rooms, a clean facility, a good night sleep and continental breakfast with Southern biscuits and gravy. Also, A 24 hour, Huddle House restaurant is next door for your convenience. If you do not smoke make sure to request a non-smoking room as I believe, they offer smoking rooms as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bobby P
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

From the time we walked in until the time we left, the staff and owners were friendly and helpful. Check in was wonderful and helpful. As we were in town to do some genealogical research as my family is from Wise county pre 1940's, we were looking for family cemeteries. The hotel employees and owners pointed us in the right directions.

Our room was the typical Comfort Inn room. We found it to e comfortable and inviting as one person mentioned the hotel is decorated like a lodge. Our kids loved the pool. The fitness center is the only thing that I can complain about as it really could use some updating. The breakfast the next morning was very good as they had biscuits and gravy, cereal, waffles, etc.

If we were to come back to the area again we would most likely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Fast wireless Internet. Very friendly staff. On site 24hr Huddle House for quick meals.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Best Western Of Wise
The Inn at Wise
The Inn at Wise
#2 of 2 in Wise

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!