“Outstanding Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Island
Cedar Post Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Big Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I were looking for quiet B&B with a personal touch/home like experience and we found it. From my first email to our good bye hug my wife and I had a very memorable experience. We have experienced B&B's were the owner/inn keeper doesn't even reside in that building. With Sally and Kevin we experienced southern hospitality which exceeded our best hopes. The time to talk with them, the beautiful B&B, the pretty landscape, excellent breakfast and the friendly outdoor cat made a memorable experience. We look forward to a return trip possibly next spring if possible. We loved the Blue Ridge Parkway which was our main reason for going to this area. Excellent Value !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cedar Post Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate to stay at the Cedar Post Inn during a trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway in October 2013. Our room was huge and immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. We had a lovely visit with our hosts Sally and Kevin, and learned about their inn and the area. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and plentiful. We would highly recommend the Cedar Post Inn for travelers with high expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I know that a B and B is a a little fancier than many thru hikers are looking for. But, for any hiker that has the resources to stay a little more upscale while hiking will be so rewarded by stopping at the Cedar Post Inn for the night. Sally and Kevin both went WAY beyond the call of duty to make my visit with them pleasurable, relaxing and inviting. I will be back to this part of VA to hike again and WILL be staying here!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I met my sister and her husband for a two night get together. We immediately felt welcomed and comfortable. We had such fun, delicious food,(even homemade shortbread) beautiful scenery and how we enjoyed the collections and art found at Cedar Post Inn. Sally and Kevin are excellent hosts and they provided input and directions to great eating places and the area's points of interest. Patsy and Doug

Room Tip: Both rooms are attractive and the beds are sooo comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had such a wonderful stay. Kevin and Sally made us feel at home with there kind hospitality, clean and comfortable rooms, and delicious and generous breakfasts. The pictures on the website are only a small look of the beauty that is all around. Their B&B is very nicely situated where you can really enjoy the views of the mountains and wildlife. It also is close to so many attractions near the Blue Rigde Parkway, if you want to take in more beauty and hiking and the historical city of Lynchburg. Lynchburg has an open farmers market on Wednesday and Saturday and Cao Artisan Chocolate can be tasted! During our stay we were celebrating our anniversary and they recommended the Millstone Restaurant, which was a perfect ending to a perfect day! We highly recommend this B&B to any who may be thinking about a stay in this area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stopped at this B&B after taking the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is in a slice of heaven in between two moutains. The hosts are very accomodating and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was incrediable. We will try to stop by this wonderful B&B again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MWFowler
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved this place and the wonderful couple, Sally and Kevin, who own and run this beautiful piece of property. It is such a peaceful, serene atmosphere. The Inn is very comfortable and clean. We were totally relaxed five minutes after arriving. Instantly melted the stress of a busy week. We saw deer, bunnies, hummingbirds and other wildlife just walking around the house! I saw the sight on the web sight and even though it got my attention to want to stay there, in person, it exceeded our expectations! Sally and Kevin are so easy to be around, like we had known them forever. They thought of everything to make sure their guests feel comfortable. Sally cooks the best breakfast ever! We can't say enough about this place. I can't think of anything that would have improved this experience. We booked another weekend before we left. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Island
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Peaks of Otter Lodge
#1 of 4 in Bedford
Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Hampton Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
#6 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Cedar Post Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!