“a great place to eat”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were staying at the rosemont manor b&b in town and decided to eat dinner here, a very good choice. It was a weekend so we were glad we had reservations because the place was full. The inside looks very historical with fireplaces going, a very cozy setting. Started with the crab bisque which was very good, and then the chicken and dumplings which were very different and delicious. Ended with a nice apple tart.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is a curiosity. It is almost literally in the middle of nowhere. It sits on the main drag in Berryville, VA, which is one of those towns that is about three blocks long. The town as a whole seems to have fallen on hard times. That's what makes the Battletown Inn such a curiosity - because given its location, it would be surprising to find a restaurant serving very high-quality food thoughtfully prepared, accompanied by excellent service. Yet, that's exactly what this restaurant dishes up. My wife and I have been there three times over the last 18 months (if we were locals it would definitely be more often.) Each time, we have immensely enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Since it was snowing, we decided to stay close to home. We have lived in town for 3 years and this was the first time we had eaten here. We didn't have reservations, but didn't need any as we ate fairly early on a Friday evening.

We started off with the seafood quesedilla which was very good. Next we got the BTI Steak and Fries. It was the BEST steak I have had in years. Very, very tender! Then we shared a dessert which obviously didn't make a big impression as I can't remember what it was (except it had ice cream on top).

The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

The only really disappointing thing was the servings were small. I actually left there hungry and that doesn't happen often. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for this reason. But overall I was very happy and plan to go back.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I had dinner and stayed the night at the inn and the food was very good. The portions are small but the food was well made and it had great flavor. On the Fall menu I had the deviled eggs (appetizer), they were wondeful and the steak (also just perfect) and my husband had the organic chicken (special of the day), also fantastic. For dessert my we split the pecan and bourbon tart- fantastic. When in the area I would eat there again. The atmosphere is great too, very warm and inviting.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had reservations for Friday Night. The very nice waiter told me that the first appetizer I ordered from the menu was not available because it was out of season. The Fried Green Tomatoes (3) with cheese and ham on them were a little greasy. For an entree I ordered the Crab Cakes. There were three and they were delicious. They were even better after I ordered cocktail sauce to go with them rather than the Romalafe that came with them.