“Perfect Escape From The City”
Review of Rosemont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Rosemont Manor
Ranked #3 of 6 Berryville B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect Escape From The City”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rosemont Manor for a weekend escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. The moment we arrived we were greeted by the friendly in-keeper Andrew. He immediately made us feel right at home and took us to our charming suite the Roosevelt Suite. I must say the room was even more beautiful in person than in it was in pictures. The six foot claw foot tub, is perfect for a relaxing soak, and should be taken full advantage of while you stay. The manor is truly beautiful. Each room has it's own distinct charm and you can tell that it was all done as a labor of love. The owners also made time to visit with their guests over tasty wine and cheese the day we arrived. They are a delightful couple and genuinely want to make their guests happy. The owner Biff's likes to say "yes we can" when it comes to making his costumers happy. I've even heard stories of them bringing in elephant for a future wedding. I can not say enough wonderful things about our stay there.... except for go and experience it for yourself!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I made the short trip to Rosemont from DC last weekend after purchasing a Living Social deal. The week before I contacted Andrew the Innkeeper to tell him about my food restrictions. He was fantastic about providing me with food I could eat at breakfast and in my picnic lunch and really went above and beyond. The Manor is beautifully redone and we got the Nixon Suite which has a lovely sleeping porch and view of the Mountains. We explored all the great local wineries and had great service at the Battletown Inn (special thanks to the bartender Tracy who made our evening wonderful). I would 100% go back!!

VA
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Andrew, the innkeeper, is a perfect host. He welcomed us to this historic manor, entertained us at happy hour & breakfast, and packed us a picnic lunch. Rosemont has a fascinating history of owners and their famous guests. We enjoyed the opportunity to tour the extensive grounds and manor. The common rooms and guest rooms in the original house and wing are beautifully furnished. Our room, the Eisenhower Suite, is spacious, comfortable, and full of light from several large windows. The bathroom has original fixtures, including a clawfoot tub. Both of our breakfasts (pancakes & sausage one morning, omelet and biscuits the next) were delicious. We also enjoyed our dinner at the Battletown Inn in Berryville. While staying at Rosemont, you can tour local vineyards and historic Winchester. As evidenced by the touring brides, Rosemont Manor is a perfect wedding venue.

Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My first visit to Historic Rosemont Manor. We were just looking for a quick getaway from hectic Wash DC to quietly celebrate our January birthdays. It was exactly 1 hr drive from Potomac, Md and fit the bill perfectly. Beautiful, peaceful, romantic and lovely 60 acre grounds. Andrew, the Innkeeper was delightful. We had dinner in Berryville, 8 minutes away, good prices & good food and it is a cute small town. We plan to go back in spring or summer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
VA
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed overnight at Rosemont with family and some friends. I enjoyed wandering around the house to see the beautiful rooms and decorations. Each room has its own character and theme, but all are comfortable, cozy, and welcoming. The rooms are named after famous individuals who have stayed at Rosemont over the last 200 years (Einstein, Lindbergh, Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, etc). Andrew, the innkeeper, was kind and hospitable, and very accommodating. The used-to-be formal dining room is my favorite room: rich, dark wood panelling covers all the walls and a beautiful bar and comfy chairs lend the room a homey feel. It is a fabulous event space - especially for a wedding!

• Stayed December 2010
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This place is a treat to experience in a lovely setting, beautiful decor, and a gracious staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed December 12, 2010

My husband and I went to VA with some friends for a quick holiday weekend to taste some VA wines, I found this website looking up Bed and breakfasts. The Historic Rosemount popped up. I browsed the site, impressed and booked it. We when we all arrived it blew us away!!! I am not easy impressed, it is more beautiful and picturesque than imaginable. We were warmly welcomed by Andrew and we also had to meet the Inn owner Biff, we found out he is from our hometown in MD. It was the perfect time to be there, it was all tastefully decked out in festive holiday decor. We chose and stayed in the Kennedy suite, It was perfect! Andrew gave us a tour of this amazing home, impressive antiques and original artwork, historic photos and memorabilia of our prior Presidents who have stayed there. It was a very interesting mini history lesson. Andrew is the perfect innkeeper, super helpful, very knowledgeable of the history of Rosemount and Berryville, We had a great dinner at the Berryville Grill( Andrew recommended the restaurant) and came home to wine and snacks in the parlor. In the morning, Andrew served us coffee, fresh squeezed OJ and made the most delicious egg fritata and fresh fruit salad. (Andrew is also a GREAT cook!) It was the most wonderful weekend!! If you are looking for a quick escape and just want to get away from it all. This is the place. The town of Berryville, is very quaint. We still can't get over all the wonderful wineries in the area. The people were very warm, friendly and courteous. We had the best time, and are planning on making this trip to the Rosemount Manor, and the VA wineries an annual weekend excursion. The Rosemount Manor is a TRUE GEM!!! We are looking forward to next year's visit!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berryville
The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
#6 of 25 in Winchester
aloft Winchester
aloft Winchester
#14 of 25 in Winchester

Been to Rosemont Manor? Share your experiences!