“Our Wedding at Rosemont”
Review of Rosemont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Rosemont Manor
Ranked #2 of 6 Berryville B&B and Inns
Front Royal
“Our Wedding at Rosemont”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had our wedding at Rosemont, on Sunday, November 6th. Everything went as expected, with a few glitches (but no wedding is perfect)! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it, and had a great time. We reserved this facility because it can house both the ceremony and reception. Most of my relatives are ederly and have difficulty getting around, so this made it an excellent choice.

Thanks to Michael for all his help, especially on the day of, as it started off very hectic (our fault for arriving later than suggested). Michael even made the mens boutonnieres to help us save some money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Front Royal, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding here last weekend. If you are thinking of booking a wedding then I would seriously advise against it. The innkeeper was rude and unprofessional. The "event planner" was snippy and barked orders at us like we were children. (I am 45 years old) If you have the wedding here you must use their caterers and believe me when I tell you that neither the food nor the service was worth 70.00 a plate. I am a business owner and I would be appalled if my employees treated customers in the manner that we were treated. If you want a joyful event this is definitely not the place!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank LICORICE7021
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
We at Rosemont are quite surprised by this review, as was the groom of this wedding, who posted a positive and complimentary review on November 30, 2011.
Nevertheless, at Rosemont, it is our desire that every person that steps through our doors or on to our 60-acre grounds has a wonderful experience and leaves feeling like a member of the family. We sincerely regret that it appears that wasn’t the case for this particular individual.
Regardless of whether someone comes to us for a relaxing and luxurious stay at our Bed and Breakfast, as a bride or groom for their very special day, or as a guest at a wedding or corporate event, their comfort is our top priority. It is in this spirit that we attempt to meet the individual needs of each guest.
During the event which is described in the above review, there were many Rosemont patrons on the property. In addition to the wedding, which was beautiful and highly praised by the bride and groom (who was very surprised by Licorice7021’s review and posted his own review on November 30, 2011), there were also a number of overnight guests staying in the main manor which were not associated with the wedding. (Our brides and grooms have the option to reserve rooms in the main manor in order to have exclusive rights to the property. In this case, the wedding party did not choose that option.)
In order to maintain the privacy and comfort of both the wedding guests, and the B&B folks, in cases like this, there are certain locations and amenities on the Rosemont grounds that are designated for each group. During the event in question above, the individual who wrote this review was repeatedly asked to respect the boundaries between the two groups and to honor the privacy of the B&B guests and to refrain from the amenities and privileges that are maintained for those guests who have paid for a room at the Manor.
It was this “difference of opinion” as to what she, as a member of a wedding party which was not using rooms in the manor, was entitled to, that led to the interaction which has been characterized as “rude”, “unprofessional” and “snippy”. We do genuinely regret that any offense was taken in terms of the way our policies were communicated.
However, we stand by our policies that create boundaries between groups when more than one group is enjoying Rosemont at the same time. Again, when availability permits, we offer the right of first refusal to every bride to reserve as many or all of the rooms in the manor so that the wedding party can have full access to the main manor and its amenities. This particular bride and groom had a small ceremony and had no need of this option. Further, they were very gracious in understanding these boundaries both before and during the event. We had a wonderful time with this sweet couple, and their comments to us afterwards about everything – from the ceremony to the food to the service and staff – were overwhelmingly positive.
It is unfortunate that the feelings of one individual have cast a shadow on an otherwise beautiful and memorable event that was enjoyed by the bridal couple and their lovely family and friends. Nonetheless, we are happy to have hosted this wonderful group and we wish them all the best in the future.
William “Biff” Genda
Owner
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2011

When my fiance and I purchased a Groupon deal, we had planned on getting married in the nearby town of Winchester. But, after speaking with Michael at Rosemont, they were very eager and willing to host a small wedding for only 8 of us! They took care of every last detail since we are from Pittsburgh, PA. The wedding was beautiful and the dinner amazing. The service was also top notch. We stayed in the Churchill suite which was beautiful. The room was very large and the bathroom had a soaking tub with a handheld shower. The grounds and views were beautiful. This, by far, was one of the best decisions we made. Our intimate wedding will definitely be one to remember!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy S
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

In the last 2 years, this 200 year old mansion was fully restored to its original elegance. It is the only major historic home in Virginia operated as a bed and breakfast. The suites are large. Standard rooms are ample. All are tastefully appointed and decorated. The Churchill and Eisenhower Suites are my favorite. The other suites are grand and were also named for famous Rosemont guests such as Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Einstein, etc. Rosemont is in the heart of Virginia wine country and an hour from D.C. Breakfasts are uniquely delicious and reflect the gracious southern hospitality you would expect in a manor home set on 60 acres of lush, manicured grounds.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoeLouise45
Washington DC
Reviewed October 20, 2011

A beautiful fall day (October 16) + wonderful friends + high tea at an amazing, historic manor home in the heart of Virginia = PRICELESS! My friends and I felt transported in time to the beautifully restored and historic Rosemont Manor where so many of our Presidents came for rest and relaxation. Owner, Biff, was a gracious host. We felt instantly at home as we toured this lovely Bed and Breakfast and heard many of the stories of presidents and dignitaries. High tea was served in the elegant, but cheerful dining room. The savory sandwiches were delicious followed by outstanding scones. Each table was served tea out of different and interesting tea pots - everyone enjoyed the different teas that were served. My friends and I decided to meet for tea when we spotted a special offer on one of the social networks. The owner and staff have some unique ideas they are pursuing such as "Tea Theater" and special teas. I will definitely be back. Too bad I've been married 46 years as this lovely place is a very special wedding venue indeed! Oh well, perhaps an anniversary in one of their lovely rooms :)

Room Tip: The suites are large and lovely, but all the rooms are uniquely appointed - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank byhisgrace9
Mount Olive
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Husband and I stayed at the lovely Rosemont Manor Sept.28-29 as a special treat to ourselves on our week long anniversary road trip.We were made to feel right at home by staff as soon as we arrived.The home and grounds were beautiful.I'm sure it would make a magical place to have a wedding.We enjoyed going into the town of Berryville.It had a historic warm small town feel.We dined 2 eves at The Berryville Grill.Very impressive,as good as it gets for casual dining.We are real foodies so it has to be very good to get our thumbs up.If you have always wanted to stay in a "Gone with the wind" type mansion this is your place and then some.Only an hour outside of D.C.but a world away from the hustle/bustle.Thank you Rosemont manor for making our road trip so very special.

Room Tip: we so enjoyed our suite,it was so roomy and our queen bed was very comfortable and the decor was gre...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed at the Historic Rosemont Manor from September 23-25 for a wedding. The first night I stayed in one of the cottages on property and the second night I stayed in a different cottage on property. Then on the day of the wedding I got ready in one of the suite's inside the main house. The rooms in the house are absolutely gorgeous and so is everything about the property. The grounds and main house are very well maintained, clean and aesthetically pleasing. The only problem with the rooms in the main house are that some of them do not have stand up showers, but they do have large soaking tubs with a handheld shower head. I'm sure if you are staying in the main house you can request a room with a stand up shower if need be.

Everything will be taken care of here as the staff are very helpful and knolwedgeable. I remember one time we were just visiting the manor for a day and one of the staff members was baking chocolate chip cookies and gave us some just out of hospitality.

The manor is just a few minutes away from downtown Berryville, VA which is a historic town with antique shops, great restaurants and an old timey feel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berryville
The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
#16 of 25 in Winchester
Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
#6 of 25 in Winchester

Been to Rosemont Manor? Share your experiences!