“Rosemont Manor, VA Senator Byrd's Former Home”
Review of Rosemont Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Rosemont Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Berryville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2011

In the last 2 years, this 200 year old mansion was fully restored to its original elegance. It is the only major historic home in Virginia operated as a bed and breakfast. The suites are large. Standard rooms are ample. All are tastefully appointed and decorated. The Churchill and Eisenhower Suites are my favorite. The other suites are grand and were also named for famous Rosemont guests such as Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Einstein, etc. Rosemont is in the heart of Virginia wine country and an hour from D.C. Breakfasts are uniquely delicious and reflect the gracious southern hospitality you would expect in a manor home set on 60 acres of lush, manicured grounds.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoeLouise45

Reviewed October 20, 2011

A beautiful fall day (October 16) + wonderful friends + high tea at an amazing, historic manor home in the heart of Virginia = PRICELESS! My friends and I felt transported in time to the beautifully restored and historic Rosemont Manor where so many of our Presidents came for rest and relaxation. Owner, Biff, was a gracious host. We felt instantly at home as we toured this lovely Bed and Breakfast and heard many of the stories of presidents and dignitaries. High tea was served in the elegant, but cheerful dining room. The savory sandwiches were delicious followed by outstanding scones. Each table was served tea out of different and interesting tea pots - everyone enjoyed the different teas that were served. My friends and I decided to meet for tea when we spotted a special offer on one of the social networks. The owner and staff have some unique ideas they are pursuing such as "Tea Theater" and special teas. I will definitely be back. Too bad I've been married 46 years as this lovely place is a very special wedding venue indeed! Oh well, perhaps an anniversary in one of their lovely rooms :)

Room Tip: The suites are large and lovely, but all the rooms are uniquely appointed - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank byhisgrace9
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Husband and I stayed at the lovely Rosemont Manor Sept.28-29 as a special treat to ourselves on our week long anniversary road trip.We were made to feel right at home by staff as soon as we arrived.The home and grounds were beautiful.I'm sure it would make a magical place to have a wedding.We enjoyed going into the town of Berryville.It had a historic warm small town feel.We dined 2 eves at The Berryville Grill.Very impressive,as good as it gets for casual dining.We are real foodies so it has to be very good to get our thumbs up.If you have always wanted to stay in a "Gone with the wind" type mansion this is your place and then some.Only an hour outside of D.C.but a world away from the hustle/bustle.Thank you Rosemont manor for making our road trip so very special.

Room Tip: we so enjoyed our suite,it was so roomy and our queen bed was very comfortable and the decor was gre...
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed at the Historic Rosemont Manor from September 23-25 for a wedding. The first night I stayed in one of the cottages on property and the second night I stayed in a different cottage on property. Then on the day of the wedding I got ready in one of the suite's inside the main house. The rooms in the house are absolutely gorgeous and so is everything about the property. The grounds and main house are very well maintained, clean and aesthetically pleasing. The only problem with the rooms in the main house are that some of them do not have stand up showers, but they do have large soaking tubs with a handheld shower head. I'm sure if you are staying in the main house you can request a room with a stand up shower if need be.

Everything will be taken care of here as the staff are very helpful and knolwedgeable. I remember one time we were just visiting the manor for a day and one of the staff members was baking chocolate chip cookies and gave us some just out of hospitality.

The manor is just a few minutes away from downtown Berryville, VA which is a historic town with antique shops, great restaurants and an old timey feel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

So we are a little late on writing this review...but this place was absolutely amazing!!! My fiancé and I took a mini-vacation during the first week of August and we had a wonderful time. The Manor is absolutely gorgeous, the grounds are breathtaking and the staff makes you feel like you are right back in “mom and dad’s” house. The ambiance is relaxing and truly allows yourself to be removed from the busy lives we all lead. While we were there we toured multiple wineries that were delicious. We are definitely looking forward to going back in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Eisenhower Suite" and enjoyed the larger room with sitting area - defini...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salexis09
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The mansion is located in the Shenadoah Valley in Berryville. It is a gorgeous mansion in a 60 acre estate which gives you a great feeling of being by yourself in the country. The estate has a herd of deer and groundhogs for entertainment. The people there are quite friendly and very hospitable. Socialliving had a half price deal that made it an excellent value for us. Visits to 3 vineyards and a picnic lunch were included.

The room had a queen bed and was quite comfortable. The place has no TVs.

Breakfast is included but other meals need to be found elsewhere. The Battletown Inn in Berryville is a mile or so away and quite good with larger portions. (It is supposedly haunted as well.)

There is a famous French restaurant 10-15 miles away, but don't go there hungry....

We visited the Veramar (sp?) winery also in Berryville, which had a great view and good wines.

There is also a monastery in Berryville near the Shenadoah River that is worth visiting for the drive there.

We also visited Winchester but did not find the visit very rewarding.

1  Thank oldfoggyMaryland
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is the Byrd Mansion; for decades it was the home of the Byrd family that seemingly half of VA - roads, bridges, buildings, etc. - is named after.
It is stunning - the common areas throughout the first floor, the suites and rooms on the second floor, the exterior pillared traditional front entrance, the grounds. Beautiful, true to it's history, incredible renovation. It actually did take my breath away when I walked inside for the first time, after driving up the magnificent entrance drive. You enter through the rear of the house and so are not prepared for the size and beauty of the mansion.
It is immaculate clean - my wife and I were so amazed at the cleanliness, we actually began searching for dust, it took us ten minutes to finally find some (a little under our bed).
All the modern conveniences - wireless internet, beautiful bathroom, appropriate lighting for reading, filling breakfast. The welcome reception with the innkeeper was very nice and broke the ice with the other guests, also he has many years of experience operating these establishments.
We stayed in the Nixon Suite - don't be scared off by the name, we loved the porch and the view was more than 180 degrees because it is on a corner.
A professional operation - if I was planning a wedding or major corporate event or similar, this would be my first choice. I could go on with further rave review, but I think you get the point. WOW incredible!!!

Room Tip: Note: the suites are appreciably larger than the rooms, we chose to pay extra for a suite and it wa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berryville
The George Washington A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Winchester
8 mi away
L'Auberge Provencale Bed and Breakfast
Smithfield Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Rosemont Manor? Share your experiences!