“Pleasant suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Focaccia Italian Grill - CLOSED

Focaccia Italian Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Focaccia offers a wide selection of Italian and Greek dishes, including weekly specials and homemade desserts. There is also a great selection of beer and Italian wines.
Aiken
“Pleasant suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2008

There are two issues here--1-food; 2-atmosphere.
First the atmosphere---Okey would be generous. It is neat, clean and with a noise level allowing a normal person to converse without straining to listen. Focaccia could only benefit by losing the one TV and replacing it with mood music and lowering the light intensity. They are on the right track though. Parking is simple.
Now the food---having eaten at some of the best restaurants in the LA area for 25 years, and a few in Lower Manhattan, I found the food to be of equal quality. If you like garlic you will love the place and if you don't like it you don' belong there in the first place! The price was very reasonable and the wine list offered something for every taste. I can't comment on the deserts as we shared a meal with an appetizer and were already way full. TJS

LeoPrincess
“My favorite place in Berryville! Excellent Italian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2008

My experience at Focaccia Italian Grill was exceptional. Great Management, Great Service, and Exquisite Food!! I always order the Calamari and Chicken Parmigiana, my favorite italian dish. The service was excellent and my waitress catered to my every need and made sure that my glass was always full. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Two thumbs up!!

Berryville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favorite lunch spot in Berryville!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

I had lunch there again last Wednesday, and folks, I gotta tell you, this place just keeps getting better and better. Their cooks REALLY know what they're doing.

They brought fresh baked bread to the table, served properly Italian style: olive oil and Parmesan cheese on plates for dipping. Absolutely marvelous.

I ordered a Gyro, and my friend had the Calzone. The salad that came with my Gyro Deluxe Platter was perfectly fresh and delicious, the house dressing was so good I brought home the left overs (I'd ordered it on the side) and used it to marinate chicken for a family dinner the next night - YUM!

Even their basic french fries (side dish on the Gyro Deluxe Platter) were not your usual fries. I've no idea how they made them special, but they were crisp and scrumptious.

I will DEFINITELY be a regular there from now on.

1 Thank Ktsmom9
Berryville, Va
“Mediocre Under Whatever Name”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2008

Newly named after a stint as Athens Family Restaurant. Menu and decor largely the same as previous. Had Newcastle on tap, which is good. A decent menu selection, although nothing special. Very poor waiter this night, and one of the worst in my memory anywhere in the area. Took a second waiter to get bread, after about 20 minutes, with the first waiter spending much of his time on his cell phone outside. Spaghetti with meat balls very bland, while the Ravioli special was ok. Could be a decent restaurant with new management.

1 Thank justicat