Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Great Memories

Reviewed October 9, 2018
Jani M
Chesapeake, Virginia

All reviews zip lining state park afraid of heights base camp fun adventure bucket list highly recommend this tour lots of fun great afternoon all ages beautiful scenery rappel tripping safety platform rope jokes
Reviewed November 7, 2018

We did a tour with Virginia Canopy Tours on a beautiful fall day. Our guides, Hannah and Amanda were knowledgeable and fun to be with. They expertly guided us when some in our group were nervous and were just overall super cool.

The booking process was easy and the experience was well worth it! Thanks for a fun time.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

A friend and I found a great deal on Groupon and am so glad we did. From the start when I called to make our reservations, the staff was so nice and helpful. The day finally came and again the staff was friendly and kind. Finally it was time for the tour to begin, our tour guides talked to us about safety and what to expect. Once they helped us with our harness, they took us up the mountain and explained the in's and out's of stopping and what to do and not to do, the fun began. There are 8 different ziplines (rethink if you are afraid of heights) with two rope suspension bridges and a short climb. We chose the last tour of the day and it was worth it. Weather was perfect and the leaves were starting to change. Our tour guides definitely made the experience a great one, they have a great sense of humor, knowledge and lots patience (believe me I tested it a few times, LOL). We will be doing it again in the future.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Had a ball. Very safe and just the right length of time. Good deal for the cost. Great for all ages that meet the requirements

Reviewed August 12, 2018

As a grandmother who took her 11 year old granddaughter, I never in my wildest dreams expected it to be the adventure we ended up taking. I have to say I would highly recommend it to anyone at any age! to make this review brief I will go through each area of service encountered to hopefully help any other grandparent bringing a grandchild.

Organization of the company: A+
Reasonably priced: A+
Staff friendliness/helpfulness: A++
Facility Overall Cleanliness: A+
Photo Price for excursion: A-B
Overall Rating: A+

Front desk staff: A+ Helpfullness: A+ Call ahead to get details and appropriate permission documentation for minors when not bringing the parent along. This was seamless.

Training at the first zipping location: very good, wished I had asked for a few more practice runs but that was my fault not theirs.

Trainers/Guides: Chris and Shu---Excellent, they were very tolerant of me and very scared and hesitant each line but I made it through each one with their help. I cannot express in this review or in words how much their assistance helped me through the day as I had no idea what I was in for but didn't want to disappoint my granddaughter.
Chris and Sju continued to be amazing each and every line we did.

Obstacle Course Across the Bridges: Yet another fun adventure, yet another step to getting closer to the CAR!

Photos taken and offered at the end: Moderately priced ($10 for 4x5) but wanted something to remember with my granddaughter.

Nature walks--fun and additional exercise. Beautiful scenery.

Overall time of course: approximately 3.5 hours

Overall: I would highly suggest this place. It's done well, it's done professionally, the guides Chris and She were excellent, the safety of us (9 in a group) was always first consideration. Would I do it again? No never but it is one of those things that when you've done it, enjoyed it while there, and can honestly say it was fun, and safe, then highly suggesting it to others is just fine. Enjoy with your grandchild! My granddaughter is still talking about it today!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Was cut short due to a sudden torrential thunderstorm.
Got to do half the course with our tour price cheerfully refunded or rain check, (No pun intended) offered.
Very professional and safety conscience.