“Nice restaurant, good food, but bad service”

Olde Liberty Station
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Evington, va
“Nice restaurant, good food, but bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I were there (for the first time) on Saturday, October 19, 2013 between 3:30 - 4:00pm. We went to the Station Lounge section and sat. We were there at least 10 minutes before being acknowledged by anyone. We ordered our beverages and food which came out in a very reasonable amount of time. We noticed another couple who came in and sat near us. They too were not acknowledged and moved to the bar before anyone took their order. Four wait staff either getting off work or arriving to work sat at the bar and had lunch/dinner. Maybe the service was bad/slow because of a shift change. The food was very good and it's a really cool restaurant. I would recommend it to friends for the food and atmosphere, but would certainly warn them of the service.

• Visited October 2013

Apex, North Carolina
“Yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have eaten here on 2 separate occasions. Once in October 2011 and the second Oct 2013. Had an excellent lunch with dessert both times. We had a Short wait both times. Excellent service. Nice atmosphere but a little loud.

Visited October 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Always wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Living near Bedford, we go to Olde Liberty Station regularly. My absolute favorite meal there is the Salt and Pepper Catfish. It cannot be beat. I've ordered it elsewhere and never had any that compares. There is just the right amount of coating and pepper, the fish has always been prepared properly. It's simply marvelous. Recently I had the Ciabatta Turkey Sandwich. The smoked turkey was PILED on the sandwich which included bacon and a cream cheese/cranberry spread that added terrific flavor. My husband had the Rueben sandwich. The corned beef was very tender. Sometimes Ruebens can be greasy from the butter and grilling, this was not. We've never had a bad meal here.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank ReikiForAllBeings
“Consistently delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Olde Liberty Station is a must for locals and visitors. I ate at this restaurant countless times when I lived within driving distance for a few years. The appetizers, main courses, and desserts are consistently delicious. The value and the atmosphere are great as well. Whenever I visit the Roanoke/Bedford/Lynchburg area, I stop and grab a meal at Olde Liberty Station.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rhettmc
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrific Labor Day Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a fun family lunch. Many choices ont he menu at reasonable prices. Our group especially liked the Fried Green Tomato BLT and the Salmon Cakes. Topped off the meal with Key Lime Cheese Cake (cheese cake is a house speciality) and Chocolate Pecan Pie. Fun restored train station atmosphere. We'll be back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GrandpaGreg

Been to Olde Liberty Station? Share your experiences!