1,119 results
All reviews the blue ridge parkway beautiful view of the lake abbot lake wi fi main building flat screen tv first floor coffee maker skyline drive otters balcony razor brp lodging memorial summit accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2018

My husband used to come here as a child and wanted to stay here, I had read the reviews but tried to keep an open mind and man am I glad I did. The setting is picturesque as can be, the fall colors were stunning. I was so impressed by the soup and salad bar for lunch, as I was under the weather. It felt like home. Chicken noodle soup, best ever, homemade bread, so good. My husband ordered a burger and he couldn't say enough about it. The staff was amazing our waitress, I believe her name was Mariah, was spot on in spite of having a large group to attend to as well. We checked into our room, we still had service with Verizon as well as a fairly decent wifi signal from the main lodge to our room which was all we needed. Other folks did say their service was not good. Our room was dated somewhat, but it is a lodge, and it is to be expected. The king bed was very comfortable, the linens great, no musty smell and had a beautiful view out to the lawn and the lake. Peaceful to just sit outside the room and listen to the breeze in the trees. The bathroom was small, but functional, looked like they should have done a better job covering up the floor tile with vinyl, which has pulled away and showed some grime. It is fairly pricey, but given the location, and that it supports the National Park, I don't mind. Dinner was fabulous, and though I considered dessert, I was so full, I decided against it. Mariah was again our server and did not dissapoint. The gift shop has great items as well. I would stay again.

Room tip: Second floor rooms would offer a better view.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
amather2016, General Manager at Peaks of Otter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Laura, thank you for coming to Peaks. We are glad you had a good experience. Just an update on the rooms. The NPS governs what we can and cannot do so what we have done is all we can do except for the bathrooms. In the middle building we have redone them and will redo #1 and #3 this winter, so that should be all taken care of when you return.
Please do return we would love to have you.

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Originally we were looking for a place to stay while we visited Natural Bridge. The closest place we could find that was pet friendly for the timeframe we were able to make was here at the Peaks of Otter Lodge. Best find ever! This place is magic! Beautiful views everywhere you turn - including the guest rooms. We were lucky to be there for Friday night surf and turf at the onsite restaurant. Live music while you dine and a view of Abbot Lake with the Peak beyond - amazing! Delicious food and wonderful service. Second to none staff! So glad we were able to stay here! We went for several hikes around the area and were disappointed that we were unable to book a second night! We will return and would highly recommend the Peaks of Otter Lodge!

Date of stay: October 2018
amather2016, General Manager at Peaks of Otter Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2018

Cindy, thank you so much for coming to Peaks. It was our pleasure to have you with us. So glad you enjoyed your time, do come again.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

The rooms were comfortable with great views of the lake and mountain. Wonderful outdoor experiences in hiking and viewing nature. A relaxing area with beautiful scenery and a restaurant attached. Staff was friendly and informative. A great place for an overnight stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greg, thanks for coming to the Peaks and you are right things are not modern as we are not allowed to do much to the place as it is owned by the govt. and they want to keep the historic fabric of the property. Thanks for the review and do come again.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Peaks of Otter is gorgeous and the room was clean and comfortable but the restaurant left us annoyed. It’s the only option and yet the service is slow, the food was mediocre at best but most annoying was the prices! To charge so much for mediocre to bad food when it’s the only option is reprehensible. The amenities at the lodge and restaurant are scant to nonexistent and there’s not much attention to detail but each room has a lake view and nice bed.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Zeena, I do apologize for your mixed feelings here at Peaks. I will address the food issues with my FB manager. Please accept my apology.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

When I booked the room I asked for and was told I would have an updated room. Wrong. Room was dated and smelled musty. No phone in room. No cell service. No working internet. Asked for first floor room but still had to walk stairs. Poor lighting from parking lot to buildings. Supper was a disaster. Prime rib night. Service was unbelievably slow and my soup was served at the same time as the entree. The soup was good, but the prime rib was ice cold!! Fearing another lengthy wait we are it cold. We were so disappointed we checked out first thing the next morning and skipped our second night.

3  Thank michaelmH2032WN

Michael, so sorry for your experience here at Peaks, I apologize. We didnt do well in any area for you. Phones, cell service and wifi are all issues that we are addressing which has been a lengthy difficult process. I will address the food issues with my FB manager but please do accept my apology for disappointing you!