The Roost Bed and Breakfast
$149
$145
  • Restaurant
$60
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
$79
Affordable Corporate Suites(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
$86
$115
$114
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$123
$119
Hampton.com
$99
GardenInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Andy and Sue are the best. We stayed 2 nights in the "Nest". A very well equipped room, with everything you would need. Their breakfasts are awesome. First day was fresh pears/peaches, a apple compote, a berry/peach cobble, a large omelet with cheese, bacon and potatoes,fresh blueberry scones, and last but not least local ( VA ) stone ground grits. The 2nd day was more fresh fruit, a different scone, a berry/peach tart, egg casserole with cheese and ham, and her own homemade scrapple. Makes you want to cry. The have wonderful grounds to roam, or just sit in the swing. Is very convenient to both the Parkway and Bedford. Andy can be talked into giving a "mule" ride around the area.

Room Tip: They are in the country, when driving at dusk and after dark, be very aware of deer and other animals.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank btaes1
roostbb, Owner at The Roost Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks so much for the great review. I didn,t know my scrapple was THAT good. Sue @ the roostbb

Reviewed September 11, 2012

What a wonderful B&B! My husband, young son and I stayed for 1 night in August. We had booked just as a stop gap on our way through, but could have happily stayed for longer! Andy & Sue are so very hospitable and their home is simply beautiful. We stayed in the Coop, which was quite possibly bigger than the downstairs of my home! It was spotlessly clean, had everything we needed and Sue had even provided us with some home-made warm savoury bites for our arrival. Breakfast was exceptional... Sue really is a fantastic cook!
They made us feel very welcome and we all enjoyed being taken off round their stunning grounds in the golf cart. The area around their home is beautiful, very tranquil and quiet, with views over the peaks. We actually really liked Bedford too. Sue & Andy recommended The Station restaurant which was brilliant.
Thank you Sue & Andy... it was a pleasure to meet you both and to stay in your home. We very much hope to return one day and we will definitely stay for longer than 1 night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Emgoose
roostbb, Owner at The Roost Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hi Emma, Thank so much for the wonderful review of The Roost we really enjoyed meeting you and your wonderful family

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I had a most enjoyable stay at The Roost. Very scenic location near Peaks of Otter. Sue and Andy were fantastic hosts. They gave us good recommendations on various tourist attractions, restaurants, etc in the Bedford area. Breakfasts were varied and delicious. We highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTraveller937

Hi Jerry, Thank you for writing such a nice review for us .We really enjoyed meeting you all and are so glad you enjoyed your trip Hope to see you again. Sue

Reviewed June 23, 2012

You will not find a more beautiful place or warmer hospitality! Sue and Andy will make you feel like you are staying with family. Their spectacular landingscaping makes you feel like you are walking through a queen's garden! The pond and fountain are an outdoor sanctuary! Their home is beautuifully decorated, yet very cozy. Sue's breakfast can't be topped. You are in for a treat at the "Roost"! This was our first experience at a bed breakfast. We doubt if we will ever find a more welcoming one!

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Nest". I was concerned that two twins made into a king would not be comfortable. Rest assured, we had a perfect night's sleep and would never have known it was two beds!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KDSPortsmouth_OH
Reviewed June 12, 2012

As I was writing my check to pay for our stay at the Roost, I felt somewhat awkward...

My wife and I had just spent the night at Andy and Sue's home, and had just eaten a delicious breakfast consisting of egg casserole made with ham, swiss cheese, and green onions, homemade biscuits, fresh fruit, bacon, with OJ and coffee. Oh, and we also had desert! That's right, desert for breakfast - a crepe filled with a delicious cream cheese filling and topped with whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and drizzled with chocolate. Amazing. We had stayed the night in the room called the Nest. The room was very comfortable, clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. My pregnant bride, who has a difficult time sleeping right now, had one of the best rests she's had in a while. Oh, and Sue had made 2 delicious eclaires to greet us when we arrived. Andy and Sue have done an amazing job with their property - the scenery is gorgeous and very peaceful. The gardens are some of the best I've seen anywhere and there is nothing better than finishing the day watching the fireflies at night, of which there are plenty. You can tell they put in a lot of work to keep their home pristine. And the best part is Andy and Sue are like family. And you will be made to feel the same. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

...I wrote that check, feeling awkward because I felt like I had spent the night with family, not in a stranger's Bed and Breakfast.

Todd and Heather Harrell