The Roost Bed and Breakfast
$44
$145
  • Restaurant
$60
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
$79
Affordable Corporate Suites(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
$86
$114
SpringHill Suites
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$119
Hampton.com
$99
GardenInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I had a most enjoyable stay at The Roost. Very scenic location near Peaks of Otter. Sue and Andy were fantastic hosts. They gave us good recommendations on various tourist attractions, restaurants, etc in the Bedford area. Breakfasts were varied and delicious. We highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTraveller937
roostbb, Owner at The Roost Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Hi Jerry, Thank you for writing such a nice review for us .We really enjoyed meeting you all and are so glad you enjoyed your trip Hope to see you again. Sue

Reviewed June 23, 2012

You will not find a more beautiful place or warmer hospitality! Sue and Andy will make you feel like you are staying with family. Their spectacular landingscaping makes you feel like you are walking through a queen's garden! The pond and fountain are an outdoor sanctuary! Their home is beautuifully decorated, yet very cozy. Sue's breakfast can't be topped. You are in for a treat at the "Roost"! This was our first experience at a bed breakfast. We doubt if we will ever find a more welcoming one!

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Nest". I was concerned that two twins made into a king would not be comfortable. Rest assured, we had a perfect night's sleep and would never have known it was two beds!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KDSPortsmouth_OH
Reviewed June 12, 2012

As I was writing my check to pay for our stay at the Roost, I felt somewhat awkward...

My wife and I had just spent the night at Andy and Sue's home, and had just eaten a delicious breakfast consisting of egg casserole made with ham, swiss cheese, and green onions, homemade biscuits, fresh fruit, bacon, with OJ and coffee. Oh, and we also had desert! That's right, desert for breakfast - a crepe filled with a delicious cream cheese filling and topped with whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and drizzled with chocolate. Amazing. We had stayed the night in the room called the Nest. The room was very comfortable, clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. My pregnant bride, who has a difficult time sleeping right now, had one of the best rests she's had in a while. Oh, and Sue had made 2 delicious eclaires to greet us when we arrived. Andy and Sue have done an amazing job with their property - the scenery is gorgeous and very peaceful. The gardens are some of the best I've seen anywhere and there is nothing better than finishing the day watching the fireflies at night, of which there are plenty. You can tell they put in a lot of work to keep their home pristine. And the best part is Andy and Sue are like family. And you will be made to feel the same. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

...I wrote that check, feeling awkward because I felt like I had spent the night with family, not in a stranger's Bed and Breakfast.

Todd and Heather Harrell

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely spectacular experience at The Roost! The hosts are amazingly hospitable - twas like discovering new grandparents. Wonderful, home-cooked breakfast, cozy/clean room, hilariously educational one-liners and unforgettable mule trek! Definitely beats staying at a chain hotel in the city!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Sue and Andy, the Inn Keepers, were very nice and we really enjoyed getting to know them. We stayed in the private basement unit which accommodated my wife and myself, one daughter and son-in-law with a 3 year old and an 8 mo old baby. Everyone slept well. It is fixed up very nice. Everyone had a bed. There was a small refrigerator and coffee or tea in our room. Sue made up some fresh homemade cookies for our arrival. Sue can really make some great breakfast food! We highly recommend The Roost. It was in the foot hills of the mountains with beautiful scenery. Andy took us on a tour of the property in a big golf cart. This isn't too far from Lynchburg, VA so if visiting Liberty University this is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We needed to accommodate two couples and two children and this was the place which could do it. The price was very reasonable considering other options for graduation weekend. If we had gotten a hotel we would have needed two rooms and the costs would have been much higher than what we had to pay. This was therefore a great value. All the other rooms accommodate two people - I don't know about any children in them.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family