“A good place to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Burke, Virginia, United States
“A good place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was at this hotel with a group of 12. The room I had was well kept and comfortable. I thought the charge was a good value for the room. I would recommend this to any one looking for a comfortable room at a reasonable price. House keeping was good and kept the room looking good.

Room Tip: The further from the highway the quieter the rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great service, the staff was polite. Excellent location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ulladulla, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I rate this hotel as one where you would stay if accommodation options are very limited.
They offer free WiFi which works in the breakfast room.
Breakfast - take your own if you want a reasonable breakfast
Bedding - Basic.
Room - lots of bugs, but at least you get a swatter to squash them.
Quietness - EVERY TRUCK AND THERE ARE MANY OF THEM minimise your sleep.
What is annoying is the repeated requests to complete a survey stating how good this place is.

Room Tip: Stay if you have limited options but do not expect to sleep unless you have ear plugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
daysinnbedford, Webmaster at Days Inn Bedford, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area. I hope you enjoyed the free WiFi which was available in the breakfast room.

• Maintenance was informed to look into the report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into needed extermination.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests. They were instructed not to ask our guests to complete a survey stating how good our establishment is but rather to give their own opinion.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Mount Vernon, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Go somewhere else. Old, poorly maintained property.

Admittedly, rooms were hard to find at graduation time. I searched for hours and the only rooms to be had at this motel were smoking rooms. The day after I made the insanely costly reservation, I found out that someone had invited us to stay in their home. But the motel had a 60 day NO CANCELLATION policy. When I made the reservation I was 40 days away from the reservation date, but the lady who made the reservation indicated that I was in the window where I could cancel in the next few days. Even though the manager was sure she could sell the room the owner wouldn't budge, NO EXCEPTIONS. I even called Days Inn Corporate Customer Care, but to no avail.

I did try to get someone to take it myself, but I got no word back from anyone so we were obligated to to take the room.

Then when we arrived they didn't have our reservation, finally after much time they figured out that they had indeed given our reservation to one of my classmates....BUT THEY NEVER INFORMED ME! They were able to accommodate us, in a smoking room, for the insanely twice the price of the value rate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that reserving a room was more difficult than you had hoped.

• Management was approached about setting up a system where registrations would be easily shown and made available.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe this place is so expensive, not at all what I was expecting. Our room smells like a public restroom and the smell only gets worse deeper in. The mattress is extremely stained and I'm afraid to take off my shoes, let alone lay down on the bed. The walls seem to be made of painted polystyrene. I'm going to get a refund!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank wedgita
daysinnbedford, Webmaster at Days Inn Bedford, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the horrible smell in the room assigned to you.

Summerton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I recently spent 3 days at the Days Inn in Bedford, VA attending an Army reunion.

After being flagged by previous "bad" reviews, I did an on site inspection approximately 6 months prior to my stay. During my inspection tour the manager gave me a first hand inspection of several rooms, their meeting room, their office & breakfast area. I saw no evidence on anything reported on any of the negative reviews. Everything looked clean and well maintained.

After reporting to my group, we elected to stay there for our reunion. The staff, especially the manager, was polite and courtious and very friendly at all times. We attended many of the historical areas in the vicinity and each evening we returned to the motel for our "Army stories" of past in their meeting room.

The staff was very informative in aiding us in our selection of food establishments and locations as well as directions to the areas of interest. Needless to say their cooperation for our entire stay was excellent, as was their motel.

I recommend the Days Inn of Bedford to the budget conscious traveler who desires a clean and friendly motel without the high costs of a name.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

I recently made a trip out to bedford. despite the reviews i took a chance and stayed at the motel. The front lady was really nice and gave us a really good deal. Rooms were cleaned. My kids loved the breakfast, esp the waffle!! Will def stop by and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Helen A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Peaks of Otter Lodge
#1 of 4 in Bedford
Comfort Inn & Suites Lynchburg
Kirkley Hotel
Kirkley Hotel
#9 of 23 in Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#12 of 23 in Lynchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University

Been to Days Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!