“excellent customer serivce”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“excellent customer serivce”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I recently made a trip out to bedford. despite the reviews i took a chance and stayed at the motel. The front lady was really nice and gave us a really good deal. Rooms were cleaned. My kids loved the breakfast, esp the waffle!! Will def stop by and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Watertown, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I had a medical condition that prevented me from traveling to Virginia. I called 2 weeks in advance to cancel my reservation and they would not work with me - at all. It's company policy to rip people off and take $300 for nothing. DO NOT stay at this place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Will988
daysinnbedford, Webmaster at Days Inn Bedford, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Will988,

Thank you very much for your attempt to be a guest at Days Inn Bedford. I hope that your medical problem is improving.

• Management was approached and the discussion was about the reason for your not being able to travel to Virginia and if there wasn’t a way in which an exception to the usual policy couldn’t be made under such circumstances.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that at sometime in the future you will visit our area and will choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2011

All we wanted was a clean and comfortable place to crash for the night. This fit the bill just fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank llc273
Washington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked two rooms for a convention I was attending in Lynchburg. I have never stayed anywhere like this in my life. I was afraid to take my shoes off and walk on the carpet, I slept in my clothes and there were bugs all over. Way too overpriced!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. I think you will be very pleased.

Thomaston, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The staff was friendly however the rooms were Horrible. So many Bugs! The Wall was covered with bugs. The staff had previously vacumed the bugs up twice that day and the bugs covered the walls! The group I was with actually stayed in there cars they were so disgusted with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area.

• The staff members received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Maintenance was approached about the bug situation and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed two nights to visit local Friends and visit the D Day Memorial/Bedford town.
Everything was ready on arrival as we had booked on the internet in the UK. Hotel is in a good location for the town and the memorial. It was easy to find on the main road just past the main Bedford junction coming from Washington DC, it took us about 3 hours to drive.
The Hotel is a bit old-fashioned, but was generally clean, we did not eat there, we used the Ivybridge Cafe in town. The room was publicized as none smoking but it did smell as if smoking had been taking place in the room. It has a pleasant pool that was nice on a hot day.
It is ideal for a short not thrills stop, if you want 5* then this is not maybe for you.

Room Tip: Old Style Room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FirstPaul
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Knowing about a graduation at Liberty University too late, I needed to get a hotel as close as possible and I was able to get one at this place about 30 miles away. WAY OVER PRICED but what could I do? It was outdated but smelled OK. Bathroom was TINY but the worst part was when I reached to turn the light off one night, I was greeted by a roach. I went and got my camera, shooting a closeup of it. That ruined the whole experience. There is a continental breakfast with waffle maker, the best part, but it is the typical coffee, juices, bagels, etc. See if you can do better!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bedford for your recent stay in our area. Our sincerest congratulations to your new graduate.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a roach in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

• Breakfast staff was informed of your challenge to them to see if they can do better.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn Bedford. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Peaks of Otter Lodge
Kirkley Hotel
#9 of 23 in Lynchburg
Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Lynchburg

Been to Days Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!