“Bedford Social Club”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: Come....Be social
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The atmosphere and food are delightful. I love date night when you can get a great meal and wine for two for $50. The service is excellent.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recommended by some local artists (when you visit Bedford allow yourself some time to explore the surprising range and number of local art studios), we were surprised by the urbane feel of this
high-ceilinged but somehow cozy space. The waitress was knowledgable, prompt, attentive but not intrusive. The food was abundant and extraordinary. We are good amateur cooks, and are more often than not disappointed when we eat out, as we often think, "Well, we could do as well or better at home"...NOT at the Bedford Social Club! chef-owned, the menu is creative, solid, and artful, without stupid, cutsie, "look at me" garnishes. I will absolutely make the hour drive to eat there again. This week.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We met our friends again for date night dinner. They live in Lynchburg and we live in Roanoke. Great halfway meeting point. Deb served us and did another outstanding job describing the yummy choices for the night. Love that the menu changes so when we meet once a month we have all new choices. Last night the chef outdid himself with choices. I had the Chicken Napoli which was 2 chicken pieces and 2 shrimp with roasted red pepper sauce. My hubby had the Thai Shrimp. Lots of wonderful flavors in both. Can't wait till we meet our friends again next month for another culinary adventure. Well worth the drive!!!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Like previous folks on TA, My wife & I went to the Bedford Social Club on a Thursday night for her B-day. We were beyond pleased with the "Date Night" specials they run. The Appetizer Dumplings were very good, so good I would consider them as an entree if they offered them because I did want more of them. The Blue Cheese Dressing, which if I understood our superior and informational server, Debbie, is made in house and very delicious. I had the Portabella & Chicken Mac N Cheese which was fantastic and my wife had a Shrimp & Chicken white wine type sauce dish--Shrimp were very big and very tasty. The bottle of Wine included in the special was equally as splendid. I will definitely recommend this restaurant and if you are a big fan of supporting/buying/eating Local businesses then this is a great attraction to visit and fill your pallet with creative and tasty dishes.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

What a wonderful place to be on Thursday nights! It is date night and the whole meal comes to $50 for two. You share an appetizer, each has their own salad or soup, each have their own meal choice and you share a dessert (if you have room left). PLUS a bottle of wine to share!! You have some very nice choices and we always have a hard time deciding from them. Menu changes so you always have different choices when you go often. We had the potstickers, each a salad and both had the special which was king crab stuffed ravioli in vodka sauce. Ended with key lime pie. We could not finish some of the pasta or wine so they packaged it up and it will be on the table tonight for dinner with salad.

We live in Roanoke and our friends in Lynchburg so we meet halfway monthly to catch up. easy drive and well worth it. Staff and owner are real friendly and are anxious to meet your needs.