“Not Impressed”

Description: Come....Be social
Virginia
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Went to “The Bedford Social Club” during “Lynchburg Restaurant Week” ( restaurants in Bedford participated too). A once a year event where participating restaurants put together a special 3 course meal for one low price. In “The Bedford Social Club” case, you received an appetizer, main course and dessert for the low price of $25.00. There was three in our party and we all ordered different items so we could try different foods. I ordered the Lobster Mac and Cheese for an appetizer which I thought was a strange appetizer but it was good even though the lobster bites seemed few and far between. For the main course I ordered the Steak Au Poivre, which is a Angus NY Strip in Peppercorn Cognac Cream Sauce. I ordered it medium well and the waitress must of thought I said medium rare because it came out way too raw for me. Did not care for that dish at all. For dessert, I had the New York Cheesecake which was very good and turned out to be the highlight of the meal. Service was so so. I got the impression that we were the only ones in the restaurant that didn’t know everyone else. I don’t have anything against the staff being friendly, but when the waitress sits down at a table and talks to the people while my ice tea sits empty, that is another story. Between the three of us, none of us were impressed.

• Visited June 2012

Moneta, Virginia
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We live in Moneta and came here for Lynchburg's restaurant week. We had a wonderful three course meal. Food is top shelf and will definitely go back. The regular menu has some creative dishes.

• Visited June 2012
Greenville, north Carolina
“Great little find!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great martinis, great caesar salad, and crab cakes (special that night). Shrimp and grits also delicious! Very friendly service.

Visited April 2012
Bedford, Virginia
“All quality.”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Good food,excellent presentation and service.Easy parking behind restaurant.

Visited February 2012
Bedford, Virginia
“Food good, but Very Poor Service!”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The food was good, but the service was terrible!

I asked about the soup of the day, server told me the name, I asked what was in the soup, server said she didn't know and could not ask the chef. I ordered the soup anyway and it was tasty, but never could figure out what was in it - three different employees said they did not know - good thing I don't have food allergies!

Our iced tea glasses were completely empty with no more ice or tea - we had to flag down another server for refills and then we had to wait for them to "go upstairs" for ice.

Our server NEVER came back to our table after we ordered until she brought the check.

Maybe our mistake was going at lunch - I have heard dinner is nice - must have different servers in the evenings.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Beverly P

Been to Bedford Social Club? Share your experiences!