“This place still amazing!”
Review of Millstone Tea Room

Millstone Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Virginia
“This place still amazing!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Yea I know I reviewed this restaurant now 3 times. But when it is great they deserve all they get. We came on 6/28/13. We had Laura this time and Charlotte also helped with drinks and such. It's nice to see people with such great pride in their work. We had the seafood platter. Shrimp, flounder, Oysters. They were fried which I wondered it they would taste greasy. They did not. It was great. I wish all restaurants cared for their customers like the Millstone Tea Room.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Gregory W

Virginia
“Beautiful setting but a little off the mark (if a vegetarian)”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The drive up to the restaurant is simply lovely and the restaurant itself is charming. The wait staff is friendly and courteous. Our appetizer (egg on grits) was quite good. While my companion relished the fish entree special (he said it was quite delicious), I found that the vegetarian pasta entree left a lot to be desired. The chilled soup that accompanied it was pleasant because it was cold but it had been sweetened and that took away from the original taste of the cucumber and tomatoes in it. The desserts were not bad and the bread was fresh. I would recommend the place because it is so charming but not if one had a vegetarian dietary preference.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Samaan05
Salem, Virginia
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My experience at Millstone Tea Room was just perfect. The atmosphere is quaint, yet modern and the lighting makes for a romantic dinner. We enjoyed absolutely everything we tasted and the service was great too-our waitress was helpful, we did not have to wait long for our meals, and our entrees came out hot. The caesar salad was perfectly dressed, the bread was was freshly baked, and our entrees were heavenly. The soft shell crab was a special that day and may be the best meal I've ever had at a restaurant (highly recommend it!), The portions are generous (which may be surprising for a restaurant that specializes in local and organic foods), however, I doubt you'll leave a bite on your plate. AMAZING.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank alicia p
Bedford, Virginia
“Millstone Tea Room”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food was outstanding and service perfect. We took friends from Asheville, North Carolina and they were very impressed with what the little town of Bedford has to offer. It is in a beautiful setting. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sara B
Menlo Park, California
“Exceptional dining options well worth the beautiful drive”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This quaint establishment is a 'can't go wrong' type place, regardless of your tastes. My wife, the vegetarian, had the best halibut fillet she had ever seen or tasted. I was served a phenomenal rib-eye cooked medium rare to perfection. My mother had the crab cake special that is unmatched by any you would get at a restaurant in a surrounding town within an hours drive, or more.

The ingredients are locally sourced as much as possible, and the staff is on top of everything. Great local beers from surrounding breweries are exceptional, and their liquor drinks are made well.

In any big cities the prices here would at least be doubled, but since this is Sedalia menu options hovered around $20 and the priciest options were $27. Make the trip out and enjoy the drive, the views are some of the best of Virginia.

• Visited May 2013