“Millstone Tea Room”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The food was outstanding and service perfect. We took friends from Asheville, North Carolina and they were very impressed with what the little town of Bedford has to offer. It is in a beautiful setting. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Sara B

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This quaint establishment is a 'can't go wrong' type place, regardless of your tastes. My wife, the vegetarian, had the best halibut fillet she had ever seen or tasted. I was served a phenomenal rib-eye cooked medium rare to perfection. My mother had the crab cake special that is unmatched by any you would get at a restaurant in a surrounding town within an hours drive, or more.

The ingredients are locally sourced as much as possible, and the staff is on top of everything. Great local beers from surrounding breweries are exceptional, and their liquor drinks are made well.

In any big cities the prices here would at least be doubled, but since this is Sedalia menu options hovered around $20 and the priciest options were $27. Make the trip out and enjoy the drive, the views are some of the best of Virginia.

1  Thank Hunter L
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This quaint little restaurant is, in my opinion, about as good as it gets in this part of Virginia. The scenery is outlined by the Blue Ridge Mountains, the service is friendly and personal and the food is excellent. Every time we have been to eat here everything has been just perfect! This is always our "date-night" and never regret it. It is more than worth the drive.

1  Thank BrianKz
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This tucked away gem needs to be applauded for it's great food. This was our first time ever going to this restaurant but it want be the last. They had the best grits I have ever had in my life along with the freshest pan seared trout it was so good I could have licked the plate. They also provide a well stocked bar with a lot of the locally brewed beers. Prices are not bad for the quality of food you are getting and locally grown veggies if in season. The crab cakes are worth the drive hardly any fillers just lump crab meat cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back make sure you ask to see Charlotte she is a riot all by herself w, a wonderful Lady!!!

1  Thank GOMJ1
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having never been and hearing good things we decided to go. It took longer to get there then expected and the parking lot and dining room were empty. We thought we might have a quiet meal, but the place quickly filled up and became a little loud for my tastes. The wait staff was efficient and attentive and the food was well prepared. We will go back during warm weather to see how they use fresh local sourced food.

Been to Millstone Tea Room? Share your experiences!