“Booger Woods was phenomenal, the wildest attraction I've been to in years!”
Review of Ashland Berry Farm

Ashland Berry Farm
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Beaverdam
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is my very first "haunted hayride" of any kind and I must say I had a blast! There were ten people in my part, ALL FAMILY, five girls five guys. What you need to understand is that my family consists of tall men, when I say these 6'5" men were screaming like girls that would be an understatement. It wasn't that it was very scary and don't get me wrong I'm not saying that it wasn't scary, what I'm saying is what really gets you is the fear of the unknown. Once they put you out in the woods you don't know what to expect. All I have to say is RRRUUUUNNNN! Make sure you have on clothes that you don't mind getting dirty or even dispose of.

I have to say this is probably one of my most memorable vacation/attractions in my entire life. We had so much fun we've all agreed to do it every year for Halloween.

1  Thank 2ruDiva
There are newer reviews for Ashland Berry Farm

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My family and I went on October 23. The staff was surly, the lines were VERY LONG and the prices were outrageous.

One older couple was scolded for walking down the hill from the pumpkin fields rather than taking the dirty, overcrowded "hay ride" -- a rickety wagon with a half-inch of straw pulled by a very poorly maintained, smoky tractor.

We live in nearby Henrico County, and will never make the trip again.

1  Thank karen k
Reviewed October 9, 2010

They funnel you in through one lone line to get to the hayride and have people there to direct the crowd as you board but on one is directing the crowds when you go to leave the field with your pumpkins hence chaos as everyone tries to get off the wagon while those from the field scramble to get on at the same time. Ashland Berry Farm need to have more employees to direct the crowd instead of one person standing around doing nothing. We will not go here again.

1  Thank TerryGoble
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 8, 2004

Ive lived in and around hanover most of my life and evry year at least once I've visited the Ashland Berry Farm on Old Ridge road.Most people around here do.You can pick strawberries and take a hay ride or cook your own hot dog over a fire for lunch. In the fall you pick pumpkins and go for a hay ride only this time it's haunted.There are always alot of plants and crafts to buy.It's a local tradition for a reason... fun

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member