Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews bryce resort master bedroom large kitchen shenandoah caverns three bedroom management company these condos timeshare exchange quiet resort indoor pool was great hot tub copper kettle lake laura great golf electric fireplace maintenance man relaxing vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019

We rented a 2 bedroom unit for the weekend. As others have stated the furnishings and decor are outdated but the place was clean and well stocked. One person had a problem with the extreme firmness of the bed but others were comfortable. The staff at the CHAC could not have been more helpful with suggestions for restaurants and things to do. My only complaint was the mowing of the golf course at 5:30 am on Saturday morning right outside our bedroom window, but that is a different property so I don't think the Chalet High folks have any control over that. If I'm back in the area I would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2019

We were happily surprised at the lovely unit and the huge amount of space- 1700 square feet! Furnishings were modern and WiFi worked well, even in the mountains! Unit had beautiful windows for lots of light and several decks. There was a master bedroom with a king, another large bedroom with a queen, and upstairs bedroom with twins, and a sofa bed. Downstairs was a footsball table which we enjoyed.along with a card playing table. This would be ideal for families with teens or elementary age kids. 4 bathrooms in this unit!
Our pedestal unit 7 was up the mountain and pretty secluded in the woods, but we could easily walk down to the CHAC and to the golf course. Chalet High itself had very few activities but we headed to wineries nearby and explored the Shenandoah Valley towns. Nearest grocery store is 11 miles away in Mt. Jackson. Bryce resort was adjacent to Chalet High where we enjoyed the restaurant meals. The ladies at the CHAC were polite and helpful.
If you don't mind driving a ways for activities, this small resort is a nice place to spend the night.
Also, NO ONE tried to market the timeshares here. It was a relaxing, pleasant vacation.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank crewVirginiaBeach0
Reviewed August 2, 2019

We stayed at a three bedroom two stories unit for five nights. It is better than I expected. It is roomy and clean. All furniture except the couch look good. Large kitchen with plenty of cooking ware and dishes. I like the electric stove which heats the food quickly. The best thing I like is the free wifi, I tested its speed and found it better than the wifi speed at my home. This enables my wife working remotely from her office and I could continue enjoying to watch my favorite moves from Netflix. As I like swimming and found the lake Laura not only beautiful but also clean and no waves as if it were a giant swimming pool. The place is so quite but seems very safe and we will certainly revisit if having a chance.

Reviewed July 28, 2019

This location is definitely off the beaten path. Expect to drive at least 20 minutes to get to anything. The Resort staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is nice. Please be aware there is only an indoor pool. But you can get a pass to a local lake for free during the summer. The Units are dated and in poor repair. The entryway vinal was torn. The kitchen and bathroom countertops and cabinets were dated chipped. The interior doors were in bad shape. Some of the door knobs were miss matched on either side of the door. The whole unit had a weird musty smell. All of the beds were in bad shape, especially the two twins on the upper floor. You could feel the springs in one. The other mattress had colapsed in the middle. Both twin beds were creaky. The queen bed in the master was saggy in the middle. One of the living room windows was cracked. The lazy-boy style chair in the living room looked and felt like it was from the 1970s. Resort Staff wouldn't replenish toilet paper or trash bags. Said I had to go buy some if I needed more. The Resort grounds were nice. The Golf Course was great! There is a Mission Catholic Church located at the Resort.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed July 22, 2019

We had a very nice week in Virginia. The resort is lovely. The Catholic Church was lovely.
The unit was very nice with the stream flowing behind it. The people in the office were very helpful. We did not do much at the resort as we were there to tour Civil War battlefields and visit museums related to the Civil War and to go to the caverns.

Room tip: The Toaster was the only thing that was very old and did not toast well at all. We let the office know.