Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bryce resort master bedroom large kitchen shenandoah caverns three bedroom management company these condos timeshare exchange quiet resort indoor pool was great hot tub copper kettle lake laura great golf electric fireplace maintenance man relaxing vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2018

We recently spent almost a week as an Interval exchange here in a 2 bedroom, 2-1/2 bath unit. Our unit was #53; it was clean and everything worked. The layout is a little strange - master bedroom and bath at sub-basement level, living, dining and kitchen in the middle and the second bathroom with bath upstairs. This was fine for a couple, or for two couples, but I don't know how well it would work for families with young kids. There is a balcony looking out on to the golf course. Check in was quick, although front desk staff is certainly not the friendliest - check in wasn't bad but when we used the pool one time the older woman who helped us was close to surly in attitude. The pool and hot tub were fine, and they do provide towels at the front desk. This is the only amenity at the resort. They do advertise a craft class on Wednesdays but we didn't attend. Everything else in the immediate area - golf, chair lift, biking, climbing wall, zip line, restaurant and bar, Lake Laura - is at Bryce Resort next door. It is very close so not inconvenient to use, we just thought that Chalet would make golf, dinner, etc arrangements for you since they have nothing there. But they do not even have a concierge desk.
The resort is old and certainly needs updating, although I was told our unit had new furniture. The location in the Shenandoah Valley is beautiful, and there are lots of little towns and wineries around it - the Skyline Drive is close to an hour ride away but well worth the trouble.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jonathan B, General Manager at Chalet High Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that we do not offer the concierge services but with all of the activities in such a close area we do not feel that it is very eventful and the Bryce Resort prefers to do their own bookings or have guest book on line for golf and ski. There is no reservations for the restaurant.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

I exchanged my week with Interval International for Chalet High and I was so happy I did. I called the resort and talked to Cheska and she was very nice and very helpful to put us in one of the pedestal units that I requested. Although we had problem with the heater on our first night, the emergency number provided was very prompt in moving us to a better unit. There is a sauna room and whirlpool jacuzzi in the basement that we enjoyed very much. The place was clean, there's also newer functioning refrigerator, cooking range, dish washer, clothes washer and dryer.
My family enjoyed the quiet and clean area around the resort. It's only 0.3 miles to Bryce Ski Resort and that's a plus! Lake Laura is just a short drive away. Although our visit was cut short because of work, we will definitely go back this summer.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Igorota_12
Jonathan B, General Manager at Chalet High Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your honest review of Chalet High. We hope that we can accommodate you again in the future and I am glad that our staff was able to take care of you.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I used a extra week from Interval International to stay here. The first part of my trip was a girls getaway with 7 friends. The unit we were assigned (62) was right next to the Activities Center and in the middle of the 3 unit building. The unit itself is large and a great space for multiple people. It was clean and had some charm, but was really outdated and in need of fresh paint, new carpet and updated decor. There was an electric fireplace that was kitchy and provided heat. The master bathroom had a huge soaking tub, steam and a large skylight. The kitchen was large and useful, and the sectional opened up for another sleeping area. The hot tub was not working, so that was a bummer. The first night the entire town lost power around midnight, and the emergency call number informed us of it. Sadly, that did not deter the large party going on in the unit next to us, which continued until late in the night. When I complained the next morning they stated they would address it and urged me to call the emergency number if it happened again. There was not any more noise, so that was nice.
You can walk around the property on the golf course path and that was nice. There is a little stream off the back of the property and 2 decks to use in nicer weather. We participated in tubing and dining at the nearby Bryce Resort and that was a lot of fun.
The downside really was the outdated decor and splotchy repairs. It was clean and efficient.
The second half of my trip happened when my friends left and my husband and 2 boys came. The space really was perfect for us and we all had lots of room to spread out. They enjoyed the heated pool, hot tub (which was fixed) and we enjoyed the steam room after dinner on one of the frigid nights. There were other kids playing in the pool but it was big and there was plenty of room. The washer/dryer in the unit was helpful for washing snow items.
If I would've traded my Marriott week for this unit I would've been really upset as there was no comparison in the types of properties. There appeared to be newer/refurbished units farther down in the property, but when I inquired about them at the desk they responded that just the outside had been redone and all of the interiors were the same. I would urge SPM to put money into redoing the interiors and the property would be much more attractive.

Room tip: Ask for quiet area and newer remodeling if possible
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank VanessaW
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

The accommodations (in reference space) were very good for the amount of people we had, however, we found numerous pests in various places inside the dwelling. When I say pests, I am referencing the "stink bugs" that we found in every room of the house. In all, we counted about 10 inside if the unit. I did address the issue upon checkout, but the response I got was "Oh, we have a lot of those this year..." I did not find that as a satisfactory response or else this review would have went totally different. The unit was also very drafty, as some of the occupants with us expressed how they felt strong drafts from various places in the dwelling. Beyond that, the accommodations were average. The approximation to the resort was very good, and the scenery was breathtaking.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
JDBanks5, General Manager at Chalet High Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2018

I am sorry for such a point blank response from my staff. Unfortunately we do experience a stink bug problem throughout this area area and folks have learned to live with them and sometimes take it with a grain of salt. I will speak to my staff concerning their responses. If this had been reported upon check in, we would have gladly sent housekeeping back in to extract the bugs. When they start to hibernate, they become a pesky problem that even the pest control companies cannot control. I assure you that we have done everything we can to resolve the issue.

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Room # 30 was terrible. It was really in need of an upgrade. The carpet was filthy. It had spotsand it looked as though it was on the floor for years. The color was chocolate instead of beige. The entire unit was in need of an upgrade. I asked for an upgraded room which they did apply. I would still grade the upgrades as poor. We moved to unit #53.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank mwruffin

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay or your accommodations. As well noted, this property is in a refurbishment program. We started with the outside, 4 years ago and now with the inside. You are correct that the carpet has been there for 20+ years. Flooring is high up on our list and being continuously worked on. Along with furniture, bedding, and appliances.